Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wakeboards

Hybrid View

Default Wakeboards

Where is the best place to buy a wakeboard package online? Also what are the recommendations for a newbie?

Check out www.evo.com.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

x2 on evo.com. Be sure to check their outlet if you don't care about current year model graphics.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

evo is the way to go. There aren't too many bad options for beginners. What have you ridden before? Where are you at in your progression?

Really just starting out. I can get up very easily and can do s's haha. I have riden a hyperlite 141 and a liquid force 138. Really dont know much else about them. My long term goal is to be able to go wake to wake. Kind of old to get started at 31!

You'll be just fine, junior. Read up on continuous rocker vs. 3 stage and pick a board that fits your height and weight and get out there and rip it! Work on toeside and switch riding every set too. Looking forward to some pics.

Default Wakeboards

Each board company has a board selector tool on there website.
    Any of the beginner boards will work since they are all relatively close in shape and features to help beginner riders progress. With that said pick one that fits in the budget, has graphics that you like and properly fit for your height and weight. Then get out and ride!
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

If you are a beginner you could get something the right size off of ebay and get nice new bindings for it. In a couple seasons you'll know exactly what you want.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Any opinions on a Ronix Vault with Divide bindings? Is a 144cm to big? 190lbs

For a 190 LB guy your in the right size board for sure. Anyone close to 200 lb needs a board at least 141 and up I would say the bigger the better. I have not personally ridden that board but I will say that continuous rocker is pretty consistent. The bindings look good too, I just rode a pair of index bindings over the weekend last weekend and they were good. I guess a couple things to consider when buying a board. Will someone else be riding this board too. If not you could go ahead and get some nice closed toe bindings because you can always throw them on another board down the road. If others are going to ride your board then go ahead and get the universal ones.

I just got my wife a liquid force trip and it tracks really well and is a great learning board. I got her that board and the index bindings. It is a really inexpensive setup and super solid for learning.

I am a HUGE fan of the Ronix One. I just got one on EVO for 230 over the winter. I get booted into the clouds and land super soft. The board is super forgiving and tracks really well, for me that is like the perfect board. It is a 3 stage board which means it has more upward pop (you can fell).

I bought a Slingshot Hooke which I would not recommend getting for your first board. Actually I wouldn't recommend getting any hybrid or flex board for beginning. I love the hook and I get more pop out of that than the Ronix but there is absolutely no forgiveness. I have face planted like crazy on that thing

Quote Originally Posted by JHutch View Post
    Any opinions on a Ronix Vault with Divide bindings? Is a 144cm to big? 190lbs