Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Replying to Topic 'What speed do you wakeboard at ?'

I took out the center bag and lined the floor with ten pound wieghts from an old universal gym then put the bag on top of them. It would be better to have a bigger bag and be able to dump the weight when not needed. You notice the weight when the boat is on the trailer because of the extra tonge weight. Other than that it works great.

Originally posted by DC_B

I took out the center bag and lined the floor with ten pound wieghts from an old universal gym then put the bag on top of them. It would be better to have a bigger bag and be able to dump the weight when not needed. You notice the weight when the boat is on the trailer because of the extra tonge weight. Other than that it works great.
    D'oh! I think that I'll skip that. I don't have enough truck for the extra weight when launching now. Thanks anyway.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

For the scouts one year I loaded my Lund with wood for the camp fire. A few weeks/months later I noticed I had rolled both the radials (wire of the radial that was under the tred was now on the sidewall.

The tongue is not the only thing noticing the weight.

My $.02, worth what you paid for it.

SD2

P.S. you might want to do a Google search on fatigue fractures in fiberglass.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Any big boarders out there? I mean over 250 pounds. Does size make a difference? I have found that on my LSV I have to push 23mph to not have my board sink when I pull hard on the rope. Also I run 60 ft with about 900 pounds. But I am hitting the curl of the wake at that speed and rope length so do I need speed up a little more?

stang67

I usually ride at around 23.7mph rope length 75' with 1650 in ballast on my 06 LSV. I ride in really smooth water on weekdays though.

Try riding at over 23 with a 75 foot rope. You get that extra speed to push the ramp back more. You are probably hitting foam depending on the boat.

Chris

i was riding at 24.7 with all the bags full and the wedge almost all the way down.. but my friend was driving me at 28(or what it said on the perfect pass) and everything is the same weight and ive have been just boosting probably 2 more feet than i was...