Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Gorgeous supra 21v for sale in the classifieds.

Low hours
    Was just going to post this
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Was just going to post this
    That one does look pretty freaking nice, but it is a long way from Kansas....

Backstory - I thought I had the boat I was looking for in Omaha which is about a six hour ride. Everything checked out, one owner, great story, superb maintenance. I arrive and everything looks great. Get the boat on the water and it would not start. I believe it was a bad fuel pump, but I have not heard back from the seller - so who knows?

After that, I was going to be in the Dallas area. Prior to making the trip I find a second boat in the Frisco area. I have my brother (he lives near Frisco) check it ahead of time and everything seems good to go. I drive to Dallas and by happenstance I find an add of a very similar boat; in fact, the same boat. Details of the two classifieds do not align and I start asking questions until the owner admits that he may have made most of story up. Of course, I got in my car and never looked back.

Bottom line - I am nervous to get in my car and drive too far to only be let down (My wife isn't a fan of my boat buying adventures). I think it was bad luck in Omaha and I think I just got bamboozled in Frisco....

Default Considering Moomba

No bamboozle on that Supra. Many of us know that seller and you'd be hard pressed to find a better person to buy from.

Where'd u go in Omaha, that's where I got my moomba
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Where'd u go in Omaha, that's where I got my moomba
    West Shores Lake - 200+ acres of water... fantastic set-up with beautiful homes and boats.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    No bamboozle on that Supra. Many of us know that seller and you'd be hard pressed to find a better person to buy from.
    Yup, another vouch here for that one. Heckuva boat and deal right there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ICTVillain View Post
    Todd,

Thank you for the feedback - it is a small world!

My HOA just indicated that a <22' boat would work. That brings the LSV into the discussion. It also brings 2004 Supra SSV into the discussion as well (I liked the boat, but was under the impression that it was too long). Does anybody have experience with the SSV?

I appreciate every single post in response to my original questions. It has been very informative and helpful (especially winksonthewake)! Thank you, Nick Begley
    Awesome! Fyi... I don't work at the marina, I just live in the neighborhood here so that's how I heard about your situation.

If you decide to come down here to the marina to check out the mondo let me know. I enjoy meeting people from the forum when I get the chance.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

We have 04 Supra 22 SSV. We love it. Just bought a Surf board for it but haven't used it yet, wakeboard, and mostly slalom ski with a 3 yr old (yesterday his birthday) with a trainer ski, tube, kneeboard. It does all to our abilities pretty well. With the swim platform and a loaded boat of adults( 8 ), it often feels like a 36 footer since everyone hangs out in the water at the back.

The nose is easily stuffed under a huge wake until you get used to taking them on. (first time or two and you learn quickly to take them on the side).

It has the bow playpen, fairly low gunwale, but he has his jacket on the entire time and we never have an issue of him getting close to falling in. He literally is growing up on the boat.

We had I/O's before so they were nicer big chop rides, but it couldn't perform for what we used it for.

325 Hp motor is right size for our size of boat. 40 Gal fuel tank. Lots of storage.

I can say that the rear bench seat does have some tears and they get more each season starting at the seam and going into the harder plastic type of material. I put vinyl glue on the to try to limit the size. But they are the nicest set of seat cushions I have been on as far as padding goes.

Good luck w your purchase.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

Quote Originally Posted by jzelt View Post
    We have 04 Supra 22 SSV. We love it. Just bought a Surf board for it but haven't used it yet, wakeboard, and mostly slalom ski with a 3 yr old (yesterday his birthday) with a trainer ski, tube, kneeboard. It does all to our abilities pretty well. With the swim platform and a loaded boat of adults( 8 ), it often feels like a 36 footer since everyone hangs out in the water at the back.

The nose is easily stuffed under a huge wake until you get used to taking them on. (first time or two and you learn quickly to take them on the side).

It has the bow playpen, fairly low gunwale, but he has his jacket on the entire time and we never have an issue of him getting close to falling in. He literally is growing up on the boat.

We had I/O's before so they were nicer big chop rides, but it couldn't perform for what we used it for.

325 Hp motor is right size for our size of boat. 40 Gal fuel tank. Lots of storage.

I can say that the rear bench seat does have some tears and they get more each season starting at the seam and going into the harder plastic type of material. I put vinyl glue on the to try to limit the size. But they are the nicest set of seat cushions I have been on as far as padding goes.

Good luck w your purchase.
    Is the 22 SSV the same boat as the 21'8" Launch SSV? I was looking at the Supra Boat History web page and did not see a 22 SSV listed. Thanks if advance for helping with my "dumb" questions.

My understanding is they are the same boat but optioned different. The launch being more wakeboard specific and the ssv more of a crossover boat. Below is a link from the supra forum that may be useful for you.

http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showth...port-vs-Launch
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450