Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Considering Moomba

I don't have much to contribute, but one thing stuck out in the original post.... Do you really mean the lake is SEVENTY acres?
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Do you really mean the lake is SEVENTY acres?
    It depends on the geometry. Let's say the "minimum" for a slalom course is around 2200' by 300' which by my calculation is a little over 15 acres. You will get good at P-turns - fine for skiing, but it might get a little tedious on a wakeboard or surfing. If you had a 70 acre rectangle, 300' wide, it's length would be 10000' that would be really sweet. But... a 70 acre circle has a radius less than 1000' which wouldn't work for much of anything.
    Last edited by gregski; 08-14-2014 at 11:01 AM.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Ours is the Launch. Updated signature as well. Thanks for asking.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    I don't have much to contribute, but one thing stuck out in the original post.... Do you really mean the lake is SEVENTY acres?
    Yes, SEVENTY.... emeraldbayestates.net

We took the 2004 Supra Launch SSV out on the lake... Everything seemed to work (lights, bilge, switches, ballast pumps, blower, perfect past, wake plate) except for the remote stereo controls. As you would expect for a boat with 322 hours the engine fired right up, ran smooth, and showed no signs of hesitation.

The only thing holding me back is the condition of the soft goods and some other fit finish issues ~ 70% of the vinyl would need to be replaced and the carpets are dirty. I had looked at the boat in direct sunlight the first time, but the second look around with less light actually made it easier to spot interior flaws.

Going to sleep on it before making any decisions. Thanks again for all the feedback and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTVillain View Post
    Yes, SEVENTY.... emeraldbayestates.net
    I checked out the website. BEAUTIFUL place! The amazing thing is, it says that the lake is one of the biggest and deepest in the area. I guess living in Michigan, I take some of this stuff for granted, but I've never even been on a 70 acre lake.... My buddy has a Mastercraft and lives on a lake that's 194 acres. He always invites us over, but we rarely go because it feels like that lake is so small. I can't even really picture what a 70 acre lake would look like.
    2019 Moomba Mojo