Default Great start to week of training

Down here at The Liquid Edge after the first day of skiing for the week. Working on fundamentals of body position. Looking forward to a great week.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

waiting out the wind and rain.

Lessons are ALWAYS a good thing. You can have the best of everything but that won't make you a better skier!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwaterskihard View Post
    Lessons are ALWAYS a good thing. You can have the best of everything but that won't make you a better skier!
    You're right on the money. I've seen good friends running 35 off and thier coaches are still preaching fundamentals to get them to the next level.

I'm taking time off this year to see Seth Stisher to work on just that. My videos of running the course still show that my leverage position isn't anything near what I thought I was doing, nor is it close to ideal so I can finally break out of the -15 off bracket. But I'd rather learn the right way and begin the progression.

Good luck with your skiing!

Been cold and rainy and Windy. Only managed 1 set a day last two days. Tuesday we got on a big HO Freeride and ran slow. Ran the course at 15, 22, and 28 off at 22 mph. Accentuated your style defects in slow motion. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Been cold and rainy and Windy. Only managed 1 set a day last two days. Tuesday we got on a big HO Freeride and ran slow. Ran the course at 15, 22, and 28 off at 22 mph. Accentuated your style defects in slow motion. Very interesting.
    Curious. . you're running the course at 22 mph or 32 mph?

Seth is a great guy and good to work with. He was at our ski site a month or so back and I took a set with him.
    All the good coaches preach what's necessary to becoming a better skier and getting better personal results - proper positioning and body alignment: STACKED

Each of them has their own way of teaching you to get there and attain proper positioning but it must be worked on.

Like Trent F told me - RIGHT IS RIGHT! You can 15 off all day everyday for the rest of your skiing life skiing like you do now. But you will always be a 15 off skier and never see 22, 28, etc unless you change and get right.

It's amazing how much Trent has taught me and how much my skiing has changed because of simple fundamental issues that became bad habits over the years of open water skiing and not chasing buoys.

Skiing with other good skiers in my community helps lots too as they don't let you forget things coaches teach you! Trust me folks I have a ton of bad habits and they are hard to break. But breaking them has made me a whole lot better skier.

Find a good coach and take a lesson or two - you'll be glad you did!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraLaunch21V View Post
    Curious. . you're running the course at 22 mph or 32 mph?
    You read it right the fist time. We used a very large HO Freeride and ran 21-22 mph. Then we had the optin to go slower or shorter. One of our guys ran 17 and 15 and then about 3 at 13 mph. I opted to go shorter and stay att 22. The idea was to accentuate your defects and make them easily identifieable in slow motion. It was an interesting experiment. I have been struggling with form this year.

Heading back to The Liquid Edge for a long weekend training with Wade Cox and Doug Meeker. There may be room for a few more at the clinics - Farmer City, Illinois.