Default Winterization Questions

I'm winterizing for the first time, and had a few questions:

My engine block has a knock sensor on the port side. I removed the starboard engine block drain plug, and drained the water out. Is there any real reason to drain from the port side, as well?

Is there anything wrong with reconnecting all of the hoses once all of the water has drained out? I don't see the point in leaving everything disconnected.

I need to know how to clean the flame arrestor. Owner's manual says to use "solvent", but I don't know what that refers to.

What about spark plugs? I was going to spray fogging oil in each spark plug bay/port/whatever, but don't easily see how they are removed.
    2003 Moomba Outback LSV

Yes, you need to remove the port side plug/knock sensor as well. You can reconnect the hoses - I do. The flame arrestor is easy to clean with brake cleaner and a small parts cleaning brush if it's really dirty. You would have to remove each spark plug with a spark plug socket to spray fogging oil in each cylinder. I just spray the fogging oil into the throttle body when the engine is running.

Good luck!

The knock sensor does not drain the same compartment as the starboard side drain plug? They drain different areas?
    2003 Moomba Outback LSV

Default Winterization Questions

Correct Need to do both sides

When re-installing the knock sensor, is it crucial for me to follow the steps in the engine manual (i.e. tighten to 168 in-lb, apply pipe sealant with Teflon to threads, checking for continuity, etc.)
    2003 Moomba Outback LSV

Under torqued could prevent the sensor from working properly and over torqued can damage the sensor or block threads.