Default Boat doesnt always start, sometimes cutting out

Hi,
    I have a 2008 LS that I have owned since 2008. Never any issues. This season we got a late start and have noticed that the boat is not always starting, sometimes taking 10-15 minutes to start. I do not live in a particularly hot climate and do not suspect vapor lock. This started about 3 weeks ago and has gotten progressively worse. Last night it hesitated in acceleration when pulling skiers and even backfired slightly once. What do you guys think?? Fuel pump or filter? Where is filter located? Found fuel pump.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kurt in Montana
    2008 LS

If you pull the cover to the V-Drive the fuel filter will be on the starboard side. Left as your looking into the compartment, attached to the wall.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

I had a similar issue 2 years back. I ended up having to replace the fuel pump. You can start with a fuel filter it should be changed every year or 2 anyways. But I would buy-borrow a fuel pressure gauge and hook it the fuel rail and take the boat out with out the engine cover on and check fuel pressure. It should be at 60 psi idling and under power or cycling the switch on.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Harms,

Long time no talk brother. Thanks for the advice. In the shop now, fuel pump on order. Trying to save the last 3 weeks of the season up here!
    2008 LS