Default Outback Propeller

I want to purchase a spare propeller for my 1999 Outback. There are several propeller shops her in Corpus Christi but I need the specifications for the OEM prop. I have the 3 blade. Thank you.
    Bobby

Default Prop

Mine uses a 13 by 13 LH prop and the shaft size is 1 ".

Your existing prop may have markings on the end of the brass hub that might be visible up close.

You could check Overtons.com and SkiLimited.com on-line to compare prices. They will ship right to your house. I got one from the second place.

Consider carrying a 1 1/16" wrench or big adjustable, a prop puller, and spare nut, washer, square keyway key, and cotter pin if your mission is to carry a replacement "just in case"...

Also, a medium sized metal file ( mill file ) is sometimes needed to tweak the key to fit the slots on the shaft and prop....

Good luck!

Default prop

I just replaced my'98 mobius prop with an acme. For wakeboarding it is faster out of the hole and may have 1 or 2 less MPH top end. I bought it at propellors online and they have a table that tells what you need (matches OEM or upgrades) I can look at the numbers if you don't find yours on your current prop. I'm sure it is an o johnson 13x13 with some pitch number. Look near the shaft and you'll find those numbers.
    2005 XLV
    gravity 3
    perfect pass

Default <a href=''

funny ringtones

Default Replying to Topic 'Outback Propeller'

I have a '99 outback... I have a 4 blade prop.... It is 13 X 13... If I am not mistaking... I had a really hard time getting it off... I bent the tips when I hit something in the river... I had to buy a prop puller to get it off... I heated it slowly and used a piece of wood to try and get it off... I tried 2 c clamps... Nothing worked... So I spent 119 dollars for the prop puller.... It came off with ease.... I then used a brass hammer and a piece of wood and gently taped it back in place... But I love the four blade... My top in is 40 to 41 mph.... Hope this helps.

I replaced my OJ 13 X13 4 blade on my 04 Mobius with a three blade ACME 543, this thing did wonders for my boats perfromance.