Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question Newbie to board, looking for some guidance

Ok, here is my quick story:
    I have been looking for a v-drive inboard for about two months, and was lucky enough to buy a 2007 xlv about 2 weeks ago. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. there weren't a lot of quality choices in this price range. I feel like I did really well on my purchase, and it is honestly one of the prettiest boats on the lake.

I looked at Malibu, Nautiques, Mastercrafts, and almost bought a Centurion. Every person that had a boat for sale that I looked at was going from a 21' to a larger boat. So, I decided that I would only look at the bigger boats also, since I didn't want to be feeling the need to upsize in a few years.

Here is my basic question: I just can't figure out why the other boats (except the Centurion) are so much more expensive. What the hell makes my boat 10K less than the rest?
    Here are my specs:
    2007 Moomba Mobius XLV
    Blue/Black color-- amazing
    GIII ballasts
    Motor upgrade to 5.7L
    Built In Bimini Top
    Trailer upgraded with 19" new wheels and tires off of a 2014 Tige' (look awesome)
    390 hours

everything that I looked at from 2005-2007 year models, around the rocky mountain area, was at least 3K-10K higher. I just don't get it.

anyone know what or why is driving this market?

Moomba is the value proposition boat out of those brands that you named. Solid boat, solid reputation, just may not have all the (unnecessary) bling, bells and whistles as others. Programmable with touch screens vs flipping a switch - that sort of thing.

Sounds like a sweet XLV - pics?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Newbie to board, looking for some guidance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grant side.jpgdriveers console.jpginterior w diana.jpgMoomba interior back.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Moomba is the value proposition boat out of those brands that you named. Solid boat, solid reputation, just may not have all the (unnecessary) bling, bells and whistles as others. Programmable with touch screens vs flipping a switch - that sort of thing.

Sounds like a sweet XLV - pics?

grant wheel.jpgcheck out these wheels. they are pretty slick and go with the boat and trailer very well. they came off of a 2014 Tige' that the guy traded this in for. The old Moomba wheels and tires matched his truck better. very cool, but getting a matching spare is gonna cost me about 500 dollars

they hadn't even been off of the parking lot yet.

Default Wakemakers upgrade coming also

I forgot to mention that we tried surfing this weekend, and weren't successful without the rope. I talked to Spencer at Wakemakers the minute they opened Monday morning, and I should be getting 1100lb upgrades delivered sometime today or tomorrow. That, along with a spare, will be my only additions this summer, I hope.
    My future plans are as follows: Tower Mirror, Soft sided cooler for the space under the bench, swivel on drivers seat, and a full custom cover.

We have been out in it 5 times in the 10 short days I have had it, and I really couldn't be happier.

I will gladly park it by any 125k boat anytime, and it doesn't look, even a tad bit, out of place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kdcdds View Post
    grant wheel.jpgbut getting a matching spare is gonna cost me about 500 dollars
    I'd suggest go with a stock wheel and throw a black cover on it - esp for something you hope you'll never have to use!

Then put the 500 bones you saved towards all the cool gear we're going to talk you into shortly.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'd suggest go with a stock wheel and throw a black cover on it - esp for something you hope you'll never have to use!
    Completely agree......I always think of the spare for function, not for looks. $500 would go a long ways toward the 1100s, IBS, stereo, etc., etc., etc.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Newbie to board, looking for some guidance

Then put the 500 bones you saved towards all the cool gear we're going to talk you into shortly.
    He went with the XLV over a LSV... Better make that a $1000! 😜😎

Just yankin your chain man! Beautiful boat and welcome to one of the greatest forums you'll come to love!!

Taylor
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Completely agree......I always think of the spare for function, not for looks. $500 would go a long ways toward the 1100s, IBS, stereo, etc., etc., etc.
    ditto, If it is like the others I have seen, they are directional tires to boot..