Default Skier's Choice is Awesome

SO a quick tale. Right after we got our '42 we somehow managed to tear a small spot on the rear center seat cushion. Not terrible but pretty awful on a brand new boat. So I ordered a replacement from SC. It showed up and wasn't an exact match but I put it off to a different batch of fabric and just figured it was better than looking at that d^%n tear. So flash to a year later, trying to wipe a little dark spot off of the cover and it just won't go away. I always have used the cleaner sold by the fabric manufacturer and nothing else so I was surprised when the spot started to get bigger. No idea what it was except for something even uglier than the tear.

I contacted SC and they had me get back with the dealer, Cynde at Atlanta Marine talked with SC and we swapped and forwarded multiple pics. SC said they would do another seat cover even though I was not only out of warranty but it had been over a year since I bought the replacement cover. I was pretty impressed with that. But wait, there's more.......

I got the replacement cover and it was the same as the initial replacement, not an exact match but pretty close. My best description is, it was silver with tiny black dots instead of gray. That probably doesn't make sense, maybe I will see if I can find a picture. I thought I would try and see if there was any other solution that might end up with a closer match or some kind of redesign that would make the mismatch less noticeable. So I contacted Cynde again and felt like a real pain in the butt but told her of my woes... She got in touch with Anthony at SC and we decided I would send the original, complete with tear, seat cover back along with the replacement, and see what they could come up with. They weren't sure if they could do anything but they said they would try. They were worried about sun fading making it hard to match, though I was pretty sure we didn't have any fading. I was very pleased with their willingness to help.

But pleased would be an understatement when a box arrived from SC with my original, torn cover and an EXACT match!!! No kidding, perfect in every way. I could not be more pleased, in every manner SC, Anthony, Cynde and Atlanta Marine and even Mr Rick Tinker treated me wonderfully and have exceeded my every expectation. This boat has been completely fabulous, there were only a couple tiny warranty issues which were handled perfectly and then this experience. It's going to be hard for any other boat manufacturer to ever pry me, or my family, away from SC products. It's not seen near often enough in today's environment, this kind of customer service/satisfaction. I take my hat off to everyone involved, more happy we could not be.

Thank You!!!!!
    Last edited by Kma4444; 08-08-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

You need to go post this story on wake world.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I'll go and see what kind of damage I can do over there!!!!!

Done and happy to spread the word on how happy I am with our Supra/SC experience.
    Last edited by Kma4444; 08-09-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

Don't forget your friends at Atlanta Marine.

Hopefully I mentioned Atlanta Marine enough. Had great experiences with everyone there, from the sea trial to this seat cover. Exceptional treatment for sure.
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

Miss seeing you guys on Sinclair. Hope the new place is treating you well!

Sinclair is an awesome lake for sure, would be nice to still see you guys as well. Might be a good excuse to come to Hartwell. We are absolutely loving it here!!!!
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242