Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I've been demoing a Doomswell Big Step for the past week and will have my own soon. For big guys like me it is the best board I've ridden so far. It's big, but so am I.
    I've got the Nubstep, which I think is the smaller version of the Big Step. It's a quad, but I took out the back two fins, and I love it. You almost have to try to fall out of the pocket. It's got so much drive.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I've been riding the Big Step with two fins as well.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

The only Doomswell that I have ridden is the Drone 4'4" squashtail. I've talked to Blake and he said that the 4'6 would be awesome for me. The thing is that I haven't ridden any of their other boards. I'm 5'10" and 169 pounds.

Has anyone ridden both the drone and the nubstep? how do they compare?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I haven't ridden the Drone, but I asked Brock about both of them. He said the basic difference is the tail.. The Drone's squash tail is great for airs, but not so much for spinning. The Nubstep is a little more of an all around board that you can carve/air out, but potentially do some spins on, so that's why I went that way. I've heard the Drone is great though.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I want to upgrade my board, I ride a LF Fish 5'3 now. I was thinking about looking at a Phase 5 Danielo Diamond Carbon 54". I like both skim and surf styles.
    Let me know what everybody is riding.
    Ive got the phase 5 danielo diamond 54" and love it. Im 215lbs and its super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by beej77r View Post
    Just curious with you guys that have soulcraft boards... I emailed Jeff and gave him all my info for doing a board for me... My biggest concern is, What if the board doesn't work for me behind my boat...
    That being said, I test road a Byerly board last weekend, I could not go ropeless behind my boat with the board. We took it back and test road the IS Flyboy... wow... that was a crazy ride! super responsive and fast.
    we currently ride a P5 Diamond board wich is a great board. just thoughts on how "Fast" a soulcraft board is compared to an IS or P5?
    You will love your SC. I'm guessing it's a surf style board so it's going to be a totally diff ride then your p5 (I have been ride the same board for p5 3 years). I picked up a SC this spring after surffest and can't put it down. One thing to keep in mind with the new board is fins are going to make all the diff in the world. The board comes with futures fin boxes. Spend some time on the futures website learning about the different fins.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

We primarily ride a Victoria factor and have been super thrilled with it. Insane amounts of drive for a skim, very responsive and turns on a dime. Surprising my wife with a custom surf style for her birthday in January. Ive narrowed it down to a doomswell or soulcraft. Without the opportunity to ride either manufacturer makes things a bit tough but from what ive read i'm hard pressed to thinking that either will disappoint.
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

Quote Originally Posted by freshturk View Post
    We primarily ride a Victoria factor and have been super thrilled with it. Insane amounts of drive for a skim, very responsive and turns on a dime. Surprising my wife with a custom surf style for her birthday in January. Ive narrowed it down to a doomswell or soulcraft. Without the opportunity to ride either manufacturer makes things a bit tough but from what ive read i'm hard pressed to thinking that either will disappoint.
    I've ridden a custom soulcraft da honu and also a doomswell 4'4" drone squashtail. I LOVE both of them, but I give the slight edge to the Doomswell. I just clicked with it more and it was fun to slide out the ass on the Doomswell.

My Doomswell Nubstep should be done any day and will be shipping this week!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Surprising my wife with a custom surf style for her birthday in January. Ive narrowed it down to a doomswell or soulcraft.
    Check out the podium shots from the World Championship. Might help you with your decision.

Without the opportunity to ride either manufacturer makes things a bit tough but from what ive read i'm hard pressed to thinking that either will disappoint.
    Honestly you're right. the first soulcraft I rode was a great board. I just happened to connect with the Doomswell more. in the meantime, I was able to ride a Soulcraft Da Honu. Again, a fantastic board and since I didn't have anything of that caliber, when I'd go out with my friend that had it I wouldn't even bother bringing any of my Ronix boards.

However, since I'd made that connection with Doomswell and worked directly with Brock who took amazing care of me, I went Doomswell. You honestly can't go wrong either way.

Mine shows up on Thursday! I am super stoked.

www.TraysonsToybox.com