Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cheapest option for perfect pass on 03 moomba?

Can someone shed some light or provide a link of what to buy?

TIA, Jeff
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

Do you run rivers, lakes or both?

Stargazer will be the easiest install - but if you run somewhere with a river current you find you need to adjust speed to compensate when surfing and boarding because the GPS can't tell that you are already going with or against a few mph flow. GPS never needs calibration.

The paddle wheel will be a more difficult install, but river currents won't mess with you. You will need to check and adjust calibration every year or two. Price wise I want to say one is $100 more, just can't recall which!

I ordered directly from Perfect Pass - got a comparable price to anywhere else, free overnight shipping, the most amazing customer service on the planet (as you've probably heard) and even got a credit back for sharing pics of my install.

Personally I went with Stargazer and would recommend it. Even though we are in a river half the time, a few hits on the ^ or V to fine tune the speed/wake is no biggie usually.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

No river riding here only lakes... Ok I will check into it. If I recall the stargazer is over a G correct?
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

I would love to get one as well. Has there ever been a group buy on PP?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Not that I recall but if you were inclined to reach out to them and set one up you are more than welcome to give it a shot!

Yes, time to warm up the visa if you are ready for PP.

I have perfect pass wakeboard pro. it's an oldersystem, but it works great.

Unlike Greg, I have a paddle wheel and don't regret it at all. I ride on the same river as he does and personally, I like the fact that I don't have to adjust my speed depending on whether we're going up vs. downstream. It's a difference between speed over water vs. speed over land of easily 2 to 3 mph on our river. I also like that the paddlewheel gets me water temp.

Now, if I rode on a lake, I wouldn't care.

That said, if I was in the market again, I'd have to check out Ridesteady. They have a comparable product and their price is enough less to make me check it out.

$895 less a $100 credit for doing a writeup of your install:
    http://www.hydrophase.com/classic
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Do you run rivers, lakes or both?

Stargazer will be the easiest install - but if you run somewhere with a river current you find you need to adjust speed to compensate when surfing and boarding because the GPS can't tell that you are already going with or against a few mph flow. GPS never needs calibration.

The paddle wheel will be a more difficult install, but river currents won't mess with you. You will need to check and adjust calibration every year or two. Price wise I want to say one is $100 more, just can't recall which!

I ordered directly from Perfect Pass - got a comparable price to anywhere else, free overnight shipping, the most amazing customer service on the planet (as you've probably heard) and even got a credit back for sharing pics of my install.

Personally I went with Stargazer and would recommend it. Even though we are in a river half the time, a few hits on the ^ or V to fine tune the speed/wake is no biggie usually.
    When did you get PP???? Last year you were bitching and moaning about wanting it as a "someday" upgrade. With all that, I figured you'd never get around to it...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Installed in 2011.

Could have been the voices in your head from those fruity margarita pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Installed in 2011.

Could have been the voices in your head from those fruity margarita pouches.
    But they're so yummy...

yummy...

yummy...

Huh? What were we talking about?
    (I'm thirsty)
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Might be a stupid question but could you use your current paddle wheel hole for this?