Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

re·cal·ci·trant
    riˈkalsətrənt/
    adjective
    adjective: recalcitrant

having an obstinately uncooperative attitude toward authority or discipline.
    "a class of recalcitrant fifteen-year-olds"
    synonyms: uncooperative, intractable, obstreperous, truculent, insubordinate, defiant, rebellious, willful, wayward, headstrong, self-willed, contrary, perverse, difficult; More
    formalrefractory;
    archaicfroward, contumacious
    "Amy was unprepared to deal with three recalcitrant stepchildren"
    antonyms: amenable

noun
    noun: recalcitrant; plural noun: recalcitrants

a person with an obstinately uncooperative attitude
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Are you suggesting that Kevin may not actually be FROM South Carolina????
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

LOL those dern recalcitrant impellers!

I had a can of penetrating spray near the dock I forgot about, sprayed that crap in there, bumped the motor a few times, and was able to yank it out. I didn't even think of this before because I never had this issue, but my hoist is shallower than last year so I kind of have to power it on and off the hoist a little, and I'm on top of some serious muck. Must be when I go in reverse, all that muck churns up and gets sucked up. Strainer was relatively clogged. Cleaned it out, new impeller in, ran like a champ!

But then I had somebody come look at it, and make an offer, and my boss is coming to look tomorrow...so sadly, I might be selling her after all to appease the soon to be ex so she can get some cash for this divorce.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Anybody try an impeller removal tool? Which one?

I used the same process earlier this year on my impeller and finally got it out, but what a pain. Was thinking a threaded tool to get better leverage would make it easy & if it was inexpensive, the it would be worth it for the annual replacement.
    '08 Mobius LSV
    Prop - Upgraded to ACME 1433 - 14" x 14.25"
    Ballast - 750 lbs in lockers, 400 lbs in center, 5-600 lbs in bow & 2-300 on the rear floor
    325 Indomar
    Elevation 5000 - Lake Cascade

http://bakesonline.com/ carries them and can found else where.

I have not had a big issue using WD40, engine bump and 2 paint can openers.

I just used pliers, came out pretty easily after the penetrating oil and engine bumps

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Re: Impeller is stuck

Same, needle nose pliers, Wd40 and pull..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Are you suggesting that Kevin may not actually be FROM South Carolina????
    That's funny right there
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

Quote Originally Posted by Kma4444 View Post
    Use a couple of the paint can opening pry tools. I keep them in the boat with the spare impeller. They work wonderfully for leveraging those recalcitrant things out.
    Newty showed me this trick last weekend. A little WD40, bump the engine, and then use the two paint can openers to slip in to the back side and work it out. It still sucked getting the impeller out, but it worked. Once we saw some of the fins were broken off, we just used vice grip pliers to pull it the rest of the way out.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Wouldn't silicone be preferable to WD-40 or penetrating oil if you had any intention of re-using the impeller?

I would think that petroleum based lubricants wouldn't be the optimal solution. I used spray silicone personally to remove mine. it was missing a chunk so it's done anyway. That said, before I took out the silicone, I managed to chew up the brass pretty good with the needle nose vise grips. Looking forward to an impeller puller.

Also to get the new one in, I did the trick where you put a zip tie around the outside to get the vanes bending and make it fit in the hole easier. as the impeller slides in, the zip tie ultimately slides off. The new impeller should come with a little tube of special lube in the package (mine did) so again, I would personally avoid the petroleum based lubes...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com