Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel gauge

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Perhaps the real problem is that the gauge just goes down WAY TOO FAST. "WTH - it was completely just a while ago?!"

Sadly it probably works perfectly.

Other thing is I've found conflicting documentation on mine as to whether it is a 30 or 40 gallon tank. Still don't have an answer. Most I've ever put in is around 25. I would like to run it completely out sometime and finally find out - also find out how far I can push my luck when it's getting close to E. Do I really have another hour left - 2 maybe? Or more like 15 minutes.
    My supra sunsport says it has a 37 gallon tank and I drained it as far as I could (with the boat admittedly parked on a slope) and got 33.45 gallons in there.

I guess it'd be really easy to find out the ACTUAL size of my tank as it's a perfect rectangle and I could just measure the dimensions and compute the volume. I've had it out of the boat a couple times, surprised I haven't tried this... Really, I could measure it w/o removing it as it's just under my trunk...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: Fuel gauge

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Screw the gas gauge. I wanna know how you pull this off?!
    Our summer vacation.... To end up the kids off from school..... We come back 8/24 and kids go to school 8/25

Raystown Lake, Pa..... Absolutely beautiful Lake 26 miles long snaking through what was a valley.... Damned and flooded by army Corp..... 40 years ago..... Couple campgrounds on the lake...... And state parks...... No houses..... Absolutely beautiful

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

I think my gauge registers about 5 gal lower than actual. A few months ago I was below empty and it didn't move if the bow was up. I thought I wasn't going to make it back to the dock and I figured I would be putting in the full 40 gal. Only got about 35 gal in it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

My gauge on my mondo wasnt bouncing on e anymore when we came off the lake. I just put 20 gallons In and it was gurgling like it was really close to full!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!