Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSV Slalom Wake

Default LSV Slalom Wake

How's the slalom wake with the newer LSV's? Currently have an '02 Outback, but I have three small nieces that are starting to get into boating and water sports. The extra room with a vdrive be great, not to mention a little piece of mind with little ones on board.

Thanks.
    02 Moomba Outback

I just recently spent a couple hours with a skier who owns an LSV. He was running the slalom course with it!

Really - this isn't a joke. He got some air while crossing the bigger than a DD wake, but he was able to run the course.

He to loves the fact that the LSV can carry a huge crew and quickly be configured to do whatever watersport was being requested.

I believe it was a 2012.

Yes, you get some air, I think you really need to plow thru it instead of over it, I haven't slalomed behind my LSV but others have. Here's one, running around 34-36mph, yes the water is really glassy... Hard to tell in the video but he's jumping about 1ft out of the water then landing..

Change the quality to hd if your computer can handle it...

Last edited by parrothd; 10-19-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

yea, the guy who owns the LSV claims to be a sponsored wakeboarder and definitely not a pro skier, but he did pretty darn well running the course behind that big 'ole boat.

I was most impressed he was able to run the course and not just be limited to free stylin' behind an LSV.

I gave him a standing ovation with some "hootin' and hollerin'"

The other boat I was out with was an older Ski Supreme. That thing is weird. People have to sit on the left side to keep the thing from listing to the right while someone is skiing.
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 10-19-2014 at 02:04 PM.

If you are a serious slalom skier, the v drive is not for you. If you want to slalom ski recreationally it will do. If you want to get better at running the slalom course it will not do. You will have to decide what is most important to you, the wakes or the room.

The issue with the Ski Supreme about the weight balancing is very common in older smaller inboard tournament boats. It isn't as prominent in newer boats like your outback (I have an 03) but can still be an issue. If you are in the boat with another person have them squat behind the pylon and then have them move outwards on the observer's seat. You'll see a difference in the wake. My ski buddy is a nationally ranked trick skier so for him evenly balanced wakes are very important. He uses a 5 gal jug of water to balance the wakes when it is just he and I skiing whether it is in his 94 MC or my 03 outback.

Regarding listing - I have a 2009 MC 197 and it has a ballast tank on the passenger side behind the seat specifically to counter the weight of the driver.

Per that video - that looked like long line? and not really skiing hard - which is one of the reasons for the air.

Personally - nothing I have seen or heard suggests that a v-drive would be worth owning if you are a serious course skier. But I have never skied behind one.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Default Re: LSV Slalom Wake

Never said it was.. Lol.. If you want to slalom and have no room then you want a dd...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

we ski behind our 07 lsv all the time. It's a great all around boat that you can do anything in. It's not a flat wake like a DD by any means but if you are just a recreational skier out enjoying yourself the lsv it great.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by skiul8r View Post
    but I have three small nieces that are starting to get into boating and water sports. The extra room with a vdrive be great, not to mention a little piece of mind with little ones on board.
    Thanks.
    Hope you don't mind me adding my two cents - I have an '08 Supra Launch which I think is fairly similar to the M-LSV. Yes, at 34-34 mph the wake is minimal, and I run the course all the time at -22 off with it and do just fine. I think you can actually take it to shortline at -28 off but that would be about it for a V Drive.

In reading your original message, you said your neices were small and starting to get into water sports. I think you have to take into consideration that the wake at 32-34mph will not be the one they will ski on - likely 22-24 mph or lower given their age/ability and that wake ( in my opinion ) is completely different than a DD. Still - very doable, we teach people all the time behind our V Drive without any issue. And - the wife loves the space and ppl we can fit on an evening ride at the lake. We also love the high freeboard, deep salon area, front playpen and peace of mind with our little girls ( ages 2 and 4 ) playing in our boat vs other DD's.
    Like I said - my two cents - i can post a video of me behind our Supra at 30 0r 32 mph if it would help.

Hell, I slalom (freeskiing) behind my 23' XLV!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com