Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Gotta do whatcha gotta do when you're on the run and working late.

*raising middle finger and smiling*
    You'll be raising that middle finger when your shiz ain't cured when you need it!!!!!!!!

But hey, I know I guy with a surf dialed DD supra that might be willing to give you a pull if your bag bursts again...

*flipoff*

*wink*
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Just a quick followup to this - the new port / repair has been solid, not leaked a drop. So if you have any bags that you think are done due to a ripped port, think again! Flow rite is your friend. https://www.flow-rite.com/marine/products

Peel out the old port. 5200 glue in and tighten down one of the next size up, the 1-1/8" (or straight if you prefer).

Swap your line fitting to one of these. Done!

$6 fix -plus shipping- compared to a new bag.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Bergermaister...I'm curious if your ballast bag fix is still holding after a year. I discovered over the weekend that my fatsac separated at the weld just like yours. Also, based on the pictures, I have the same original fittings that you have. When you swapped out the male flow-rite adapter did you have to swap out the female or does the original female adapter work? Also, how did you pull out the threaded welded part out of the fatsac without ripping the vinyl? Did you use heat?...thanks in advance for any info you can provide...John

Yes, still holding strong. I swapped out both the male and female for 1-1/8" fittings. The 1" hose will still fit over them with a little heat and finesse.

On the bag my port/fitting was torn about 1/2 way around so I just continued tearing it and finished it off very carefully with a box knife. There was a bit of a flat flange leftover from the port on the inside the bag that I just left in place. If I recall I may have made a tiny slit in order to slip the new larger port into place in the bag. Spun the nut down some to hold it there. Aligned it to point the right direction. Gooped with 5200, tightened up the nut and let it cure.

This is on my fill port on top so I believe there is less pressure on it than if it were a drain port.

"All's good under the hood" proof pic from 10 min ago.

Last edited by bergermaister; 06-15-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Recent photo

As I thought, my silicon solution was a temporary fix. It held for the few times we used it last summer, it was dripping pretty steady a few weekends ago, so I just peeled it off and applied "Shoe Goo". (Worked good on my fishing boots where they got a slash right in the crease). It appears to stay flexible while staying bonded. (few miles put on since repaired). Haven't used the bag yet. (Raining like monsoons).
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

Thanks Bergermaister...I appreciate your input. I assume with the 1-1/8" fitting you have 1 inch diameter hoses...could you verify? I have 3/4" hoses and could use the same 3/4" fittings but I assume the flange may be smaller...but may give it a try anyway. Thanks in advance...J

Used Shoe Goo (got large tube from Walmart) shoe section. It has held up well and no leaks. I packed it up under the black fitting, then spread a good bead feathering it out 1/2" or so from the edge.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

The
    Quote Originally Posted by beachfarmer View Post
    Thanks Bergermaister...I appreciate your input. I assume with the 1-1/8" fitting you have 1 inch diameter hoses...could you verify? I have 3/4" hoses and could use the same 3/4" fittings but I assume the flange may be smaller...but may give it a try anyway. Thanks in advance...J
    Sorry for the huge delay but yes, all 1" lines.

However I've been told if you are running the premium spiral ballast line you could heat it up enough to stretch a 3/4" line over a 1-1/8" fitting. So say the experts.

On my center drain pump over the holiday I discovered that my 1" line stretched over a 1-1/8" fitting has sprung a leak after 5 years of service. Nice way to clean out the bilge and test the float switch.... (Yes, it works quite well!)

Nope, ive tried for a non-ballast reason. No way to get .75 to stretch that much and have meat left to clamp. Just get the proper .75 fitting or upgrade the hose.

I did one of those to put a vent line in my 750 bag. Worked for about 3 years and started leaking when the bag was packed way too full last week with two 1200 pumps filling it. I removed it and reinstalled it. Used 5200 again. We'll see if I get another 3 seasons out of it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!