Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by irish-racing View Post
    I have a 4'10" ronix that I can't even ride. I'm still fairly new but I get zero drive with it. I wonder if I need a bigger board due to my size?
    Not necessarily. Bigger doesn't always mean faster. My 4'8 Ronix caption is faster than my 5'0 Ronix Koal illuminati. And I rode a 4'4" Doomswell Drone that was freaking amazing and super quick and agile.

Sometimes bigger helps, but it's not all about size.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: August Picture Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Not necessarily. Bigger doesn't always mean faster. My 4'8 Ronix caption is faster than my 5'0 Ronix Koal illuminati. And I rode a 4'4" Doomswell Drone that was freaking amazing and super quick and agile.

Sometimes bigger helps, but it's not all about size.
    Thanks for the advice. Looks like I need yo ride done other boards to see what feels good.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

here is a little picture video of KyleFest. The weather hurt the event this year we got over 3" of rain on Last Thursday and Friday but we made the best of it. The end of the video is the same as the one above with me and my daughter surfing.

http://youtu.be/QT4Uu5hRV-8
    2007 supra 21v

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I need yo ride done other boards to see what feels good.
    Definitely. I've had my boat for 16 months and I've ridden the following:
    Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9
    Hyperlite Broadcast 5'4
    Liquid Force Fish 5'6
    Liquid Force Fish 5'0
    O'Brien Alias 5'0"
    Ronix Caption 4'8
    Ronix Koal Illuminati 5'0
    Inland Surfer (Berg's board, don't know specifics)
    Wavezone Boost 3'9"
    Custom shaped React that was around 5'
    Byerly Buzz 4'8"
    Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster 5'1"
    Liquid Force Custom Quad 4'8"
    custom Soulcraft
    hand shaped Doomswell Drone Squashtail 4'4"
    Some random Liquid force or something beginner board that was all that was available
    last night I had a chance to ride a Hyperlite Landlock 5'10" but passed on riding that bohemoth. LOL
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Definitely. I've had my boat for 16 months and I've ridden the following:
    Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9
    Hyperlite Broadcast 5'4
    Liquid Force Fish 5'6
    Liquid Force Fish 5'0
    O'Brien Alias 5'0"
    Ronix Caption 4'8
    Ronix Koal Illuminati 5'0
    Inland Surfer (Berg's board, don't know specifics)
    Wavezone Boost 3'9"
    Custom shaped React that was around 5'
    Byerly Buzz 4'8"
    Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster 5'1"
    Liquid Force Custom Quad 4'8"
    custom Soulcraft
    hand shaped Doomswell Drone Squashtail 4'4"
    Some random Liquid force or something beginner board that was all that was available
    last night I had a chance to ride a Hyperlite Landlock 5'10" but passed on riding that bohemoth. LOL
    I need to find some people like you and ride some different boards. How did you ride the wavezone? Seems way small?
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

I need to find some people like you and ride some different boards. How did you ride the wavezone? Seems way small?
    exactly my thoughts! lol
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

VERY carefully! LOL. it's a skim board that supposedly has a 160 pound weight limit. (I'm 169). After I installed my surf system on my Supra, my buddy told me that the board just wasn't enough to freeride. So, I rode his board to prove him wrong. I did a lineride on it for a minute to get used to it, then tossed the rope and got my freeride on. the fin is almost worthless as the edge is really what's in the water. I did put a longer fin on it (like a 1.5") and liked it a little better.

It was slippery and squirrley, but I was able to get it done. haha.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

VERY carefully! LOL. it's a skim board that supposedly has a 160 pound weight limit. (I'm 169). After I installed my surf system on my Supra, my buddy told me that the board just wasn't enough to freeride. So, I rode his board to prove him wrong. I did a lineride on it for a minute to get used to it, then tossed the rope and got my freeride on. the fin is almost worthless as the edge is really what's in the water. I did put a longer fin on it (like a 1.5") and liked it a little better.

It was slippery and squirrley, but I was able to get it done. haha.
    That's awesome.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Whats a good board for a first timer and also a DD boat that doesn't have a huge wake. Planning on adding 750-800 of ballast also to try it when I do.

thanks
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gqjeff View Post
    Whats a good board for a first timer and also a DD boat that doesn't have a huge wake. Planning on adding 750-800 of ballast also to try it when I do.

thanks
    I think that the Liquid force Fish is a decent starter board. you'll likely outgrow it in a year though. The ronix Koal fish is a good option as well. that will work with your skill level a bit longer.

The broadcast is another beginner board, but it's boring and I didn't even keep mine for the newbies. I just sold it to a friend.

I don't like the big long boards like the landlocks and such. they're just so much board to move around. If you can find something used for cheap, sure. But know that if you go some something like a broadcast or a fish, you might find yourself wanting to resell it later...

on my DD, to get a decent surf wave (listed), I had to pretty much slam it with a 750 on the surf side beside the doghouse, about
    350 under the rear seat, and another bag on top of the surfside bag/back seat that was 650 or so. it was slammed and I had a custom surf platform to keep mine from cutting into my surf wave. every boat is different, but that's what I went through with my direct drive. eventually I fabbed up my own surf system patterned after what Nautique does, so now I can weight more equal and life is so much better.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com