Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boat Speed

Default Replying to Topic 'Boat Speed'

Welcome . You will not regret it.

To: Dave W.
    What engine upgrade did you get, the 325 or the 340? I have been very interested in getting info on an outback with a 340.

I doubt you would see that much of an increase. The hull is going to limit your top speed, and the 325 will push that boat above 45... what speed are you looking for ?

just my $0.02,

Joe

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to the Moomba family. We are very excitedly awaiting the arrival of our new baby.

Joe, you're right about the direct-drive thing...I was hooked as soon as I took the helm on my test drive. I was overwhelmed (as opposed to being totally underwhelmed by all of the I/Os that I had previously tested!).

JJ. I have opted for the 325. It's the same engine that I test drove and it was all the hp that I think I need (I can't believe that I just said that, I must finally be maturing). The hole shot and accelleration to speed were excellent. We topped out at 46+mph which is great for a boat that is not made for speed. I thought about moving up to the 340, but I got a good deal on the 325 upgrade and I didn't want to pay for what I imagine would be added fuel consumption of the 340. With the 325 you get the benifits of FI (better starts and fuel efficiency and lower emmisions) as well as an extra 15 horses.

Those are my thoughts anyways. Enjoy the new boat. When are you expecting it?

Cheers,

Dave