Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bilge Clean Out?

Quick background, vdrive leaked oil, found problem, fixed it! Now the bilge still has some oily residue because of previously stated issue. What's the best way to get that bilge nice and clean from the oil? Any cleaners you guys recommend or have used before? As always, thanks for the advice!!!
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Following this, I have the same question. I was thinking of just going to a car wash and hosing it out there, but am sure there is a better way.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Re: Bilge Clean Out?

I use simple green, add a decent amount and leave it in the bilge, it'll break down all the oil, grime, then drive the boat or tow it to agitate..

It helps to have water in the bilge, I used to add it to my other boats on the tow home, then drain it, probably better for the environment..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Bilge Clean Out?

Any bilge cleaner should do it. Unhook the bilge and let it slosh around for awhile. Just pump it out somewhere other than the lake.

X2 on simple green and brainrinces and parrots method
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

I used purple power. As others said needs some water and let it set for a while. Parked mine on an incline in the yard, removed the rear plug and cranked the trailer up to drain most of it out. Sprayed a bunch of cleaner in the drain opening in the center locker to clean out under the gas tank and used a garden hose to wash it to the rear of the bilge. What didn't drain I sucked out with my oil drain vacuum pump.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

I've seen the Simple Green recommendation, but seen others recommend throwing a couple bags of ice in the bilge with the cleaner so the ice will aggitate while you are cruising around. Also seen people recommend Dawn as opposed to Simple Green. Even seen the recommendation for adding bleach in with the Dawn or Simple Green, bleach will get the mildew if you had a lot of water in there previously. Cleaning my bilge out next time I go out also, unfortunately looks like rain for the weekend
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

Default Re: Bilge Clean Out?

The purple stuff is great, I use it in my wave runners, it's pretty strong though and can damage the paint if full strength..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

So, what was the simple problem that was fixed?
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

If I remember right it was in another thread. Some loose bolts and he tightened them up.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!