Default Another speaker whining thread - after LED install

I know there have been tons of threads on this, but I can't figure my issue out. My stereo has always sounded great...No noise issues, everything grounded properly.

A month or so ago, I added a strip of LEDs under my sub, positive going to my accessory switch, negative going to the buss bar under the helm... Again, everything sounded great no issues.

Last week, I daisy-chained LEDs around the boat to all of my cupholders, using the existing wiring from the strip under the sub I had previously installed. Now when the boat is on, there is a high-pitched noise from the speakers. The noise is in my cabin, and my tower speakers, whenever I have my EQ faded to that zone.

It doesn't increase when I increase volume, or when I increase speed, so when the stereo is turned up, it's not noticeable. But when idling with the volume low, it's annoying the hell out of me. It doesn't matter if the LED switch is on or off.

The easiest route for the wiring was around the bow, which is close to where all of my RCAs are run to/from the amps and EQ. I tried separating them further. For the most part, they are at least 2" apart from my LED wiring, except for a couple of very small sections where they have to cross. But separating them a little further produced no change.

Does this sound like an issue of LED power wires being too close to my RCAs? Or more of a grounding issue somewhere along the way? Since I previously had LEDs running, I assume all grounding is okay.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Single color LEDs or RGB with controller?

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Single color LEDs or RGB with controller?
    Just the single blue color. They are the superflux from Oznium.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Independent of the specific noise that you are describing, do these additional LEDs interfere with FM radio reception?

Have you disconnected the recently added single LEDs, going back to the original strip only, to verify the noise goes away?

I assume you have two batteries. Disconnect one fully charged battery from the boat entirely (no + & no - ) and wire the LEDs exclusively to that battery only (absolutely zero boat interface) for a noise check.

If the advent of noise was proven to be simultaneous with the newest LEDs, then wire one new type test LED only at the end of a long extension wire and move that LED around close to various audio electronics and cables. Try it battery-direct and with an isolated battery. You must determine exactly how the noise is entering the signal path before you can fix it.