Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help! Stuck on Norris- Torsion axle failure

Hey guys- the good news is I made it to Norris- bad news is that I'm not sure I can make it back to Indiana. My 2008 boatmate single axle trailer appears to have a classic torsion axle failure. The fender is not rubbing yet but I have only about 1/2 inch to spare. So two questions- 1). If I remove the fender will I be able to limp back to Hoosierland or might something catastrophic happen? 2) does anybody have a contact at boatmate that can give me a trade-in toward a new tandem axle trailer that fits my 2008 OBV? I can drive it to the factory since I'm close! Thanks for any advice.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Mine didn't make it too far even taking the fender off. The only one I know at Boatware is Jerry
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Default Help! Stuck on Norris- Torsion axle failure

Call premier Watersports on Monday morning. They should be able to help out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07 XLV GG GONE!!
    2014 MOJO

Are you there for the week or getting ready to leave? I'll be down Friday mid day if you need help. Jerry at Boatmate and Drew or Scott at Premier would be who I would call. I will see if I have Drew or a Scotts email. What side of the lake are you on. If by Deerfield Hessler Marine might be able to help.

thanks guys- we're at springs dock and due to come home Wed- I'll call Premier tomorrow AM- maybe I can leave it with them and come back to get it at a later time. I would like to avoid being on the side of 75 calling a flatbed!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Skiyaker, our covered slip will be open Wednesday just past the jump bridge if you want to leave it in the water. I'll pm you the slip info. If your not back Friday I might move to the outside slip, when we get down.

I was at the same place as you last year. I pulled the fender and was able to get home that was about 80 miles away. That was a stressful drive and had someone follow me. The next weekend I was not able to move the trailer because the tire was the only thing holding up that side of the trailer. Jerry was who I called to get a new one. Last year I posted a how too on replacing the axle with photos. Let me know if you have any questions.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Definitely an awesome offer by patrick232 and it may be a lifesaver- and great service so far by my local dealer Ron at Aquamarine. He contacted me on today yes Sunday when he heard about my issue. Hoping to get the part and my trailer to a service center to be repaired on Tuesday. If not I will be leaving the rig somewhere locally and coming back later this summer to sort it out. Definitely sounds like it's not making it back to Indiana as is. I bought my boat in July 2009 so it's right at the 5 yr warranty mark- we'll see what happens. Either way it's time to get some rest and have a big day on the big lake tomorrow.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Well the guys at UFP and boatmate were really good to me- they arranged for me to pick up an axle at the boatmate factory this AM and I dropped it and the unloaded trailer at Aquanox marina- so hopefully by the AM she's ready to roll. Thankful for products that are still made in the USA and that I just happened to be vacationing an hour from the factory. Crap those new boats sitting outside the SC factory sure looked nice.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Should have made a quick plant tour.