Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idling problems

Default Idling problems

I've got a 06 outback that i got brand new and have put 17 hrs on it, but i continue to have problems with the engine not idling very well. Even after the engine warms up it still will shut off when throttling up to idle speed. Curious if this is somewhat normal or if i should deal with it when i have the 20 hour service done?

Definitely have them check it out (knack for the obvious!?!).
    I was pretty hands off, cept for the very minor stuff, when I first got mine, letting the dealer take care of a list that I made up of stuff that needed addressed when I took the boat in for the 1st service. Worked out good.
    Hope this helps
    B

What kind of engine? Carb or not?

may sound dumb, but not sure if it's carborated or not. It's the Indmar Assault 310hp V-8.

Quote Originally Posted by outback 4
    may sound dumb, but not sure if it's carborated or not. It's the Indmar Assault 310hp V-8.
    carb.

i would have dealer adjust it asap. it might be your elevation.

my old 02 outback did the samething and a client of mine who is a master mechanic took care of it.

Default Joining in a thread with same problem. A little help?

I have a 2002 Mobius LSV with 126 hours and having similar problems. I have not had one single problem with my moomba since i bought it brand new in 02. I have regular maintenance done every year. This season it started on day one, when it is in gear, under 5 mph (no wake zones), for an extended amount of time, it will increase rpm's for a second then engine will die. Can not restart until 10-15 minutes pass. It runs great out in the open. We board behind it, turn it off and on, everything as normal. The problem only happens when it idle at low speed for an extended amount of time. My dealer/repair shop does not have a good answer. Any help?

Default Re: Joining in a thread with same problem. A little help?

Quote Originally Posted by dgarcia523
    I have a 2002 Mobius LSV with 126 hours and having similar problems. I have not had one single problem with my moomba since i bought it brand new in 02. I have regular maintenance done every year. This season it started on day one, when it is in gear, under 5 mph (no wake zones), for an extended amount of time, it will increase rpm's for a second then engine will die. Can not restart until 10-15 minutes pass. It runs great out in the open. We board behind it, turn it off and on, everything as normal. The problem only happens when it idle at low speed for an extended amount of time. My dealer/repair shop does not have a good answer. Any help?
    Just a note to anyone posting for assistance with engine issues. Please let us know what engine it is you have as well as the model year of the boat. It helps us to know whether the engine is a Carbureted Assault 310, a Throttle Body Fuel Injected Assault 320, a Multiport Fuel Injected Assault 325, a Multiport Fuel Injected Assault 340, an 8.1L or whatever it is. They all have their unique characteristics and troubleshooting differences. Please help us to help you by giving this information.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

I have a 2002 Mobius LSV with 126 hours and having similar problems. I have not had one single problem with my moomba since i bought it brand new in 02. I have regular maintenance done every year. This season it started on day one, when it is in gear, under 5 mph (no wake zones), for an extended amount of time, it will increase rpm's for a second then engine will die. Can not restart until 10-15 minutes pass. It runs great out in the open. We board behind it, turn it off and on, everything as normal. The problem only happens when it idle at low speed for an extended amount of time. My dealer/repair shop does not have a good answer. Any help The engine is a 320 hp indmar 5.7 EFI

I had a similar problem after the 1st winter storage. Turned out to be a sticky anti-siphon valve on top of the gas tank. No worries since.
    Hope this helps
    B

i have a 06 outback v had the same problems took it to get serviced and told them and they adjusted it and havnt had a problem since