Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Shout out and props to Smorris and SandM for pushing the fin swap!

Board is a lot better now. I ran two G8 Thrusters outside/forward and two of the stock 2.9" inside/forward. Definitely felt a speed increase as well as not so squirrely. Instead of falling out of the pocket so easily like before I was able to recover much better and more consistently. Board still feels like you can break it loose up on the peak of the wave rather than anywhere in the wave like before.

With the larger fins it also feels like it rides flatter/higher on the water. Not sure if it's just me or it really is doing that.

When you carve up the wave and then drop down in to catch it again it takes way less back foot to maintain control than before.

I'd still say the board is a tad on the small size for a guy like me but it's much more rideable and forgiving than it was before. If I were to buy one right now I'd bump up to the 5' one just to be safe. I didn't get a chance (too much portable ballast on board wanting a turn) to pull the small fins and experiment as a twinzer or add the 3rd for a thruster but hope to next time out.

I may have some GoPro footage for comparison but after 6 hours of driving I was too burned out to look at it.

The army green isn't growing on me either. Need to dye them black or splash on some paint. Just don't want to screw up the performance by trying to make it look pretty...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

The army green isn't growing on me either. Need to dye them black or splash on some paint. Just don't want to screw up the performance by trying to make it look pretty...
    Because you can see so much of the fins when it's in the water...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com