Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

v2's run around $100 for a set for that board. fins are not cheap, but can drastically alter the boards riding characteristics. think like what a new prop does for a boat.

I'd pick up a set off the link above. worst case, sell them on here or another boat forum. someone will buy you out for what you have into them minus shipping. they do make a world of difference if they are the right fin. if your kid is progressing, will give them some comparisons to help their riding style if you decide to keep the board.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    They may have other colors, but it must be the XL size. Also the other colors may run you 120.00
    I think the green is really growing on me..

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    v2's run around $100 for a set for that board. fins are not cheap, but can drastically alter the boards riding characteristics. think like what a new prop does for a boat.

I'd pick up a set off the link above. worst case, sell them on here or another boat forum. someone will buy you out for what you have into them minus shipping. they do make a world of difference if they are the right fin. if your kid is progressing, will give them some comparisons to help their riding style if you decide to keep the board.
    Good analogy. Just ordered a set. What have I got to lose. Really want to like this board.

Thanks for the advice fellas!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

the only downside are just like a new prop on a boat, you can get great results and get worse results.
    they make some of the best fins in the industry so I would imagine that it will be an improvement. most boards(including soulcraft) are shipping with some pretty cheap basic fins.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Ok fins arrived today - and I learned that when you buy "one" it is actually a set of 3, two outsides and one inner. So now I have 6 fins....

Anyway, it is easy to tell which fin is the center - both edges are rounded. The other two have a flat edge and a curved edge, so basically a left and a right. Thing is I have no idea which is which and there are no indicators on them or in the package.

So I'm guessing you want the flat edge facing toward the center of the board, and the rounded edge facing the outside? Or vice versa?

I say put 3 fins facing down and 3 facing up. That way you can kick flip the board and ride on the opposite side. Plus the board will be less loose when its upside down with the traction pad and rear kick in the wave.... That coupled with the orange flotation device you were wearing would let everyone know who's the pro.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Default Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster - First Ride Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Ok fins arrived today - and I learned that when you buy "one" it is actually a set of 3, two outsides and one inner. So now I have 6 fins....

Anyway, it is easy to tell which fin is the center - both edges are rounded. The other two have a flat edge and a curved edge, so basically a left and a right. Thing is I have no idea which is which and there are no indicators on them or in the package.

So I'm guessing you want the flat edge facing toward the center of the board, and the rounded edge facing the outside? Or vice versa?
    Yes that is correct. Try it with all 3 as a thruster and see what you think. THEN remove the center fin. Also make sure your outside fins are as far FORWARD as possible.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Will do - thanks for the advice!

Well, did you have a chance to ride it with the FCS fins? How did it go?
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Unfortunately no. By the time we got done WBing and trying to kill the kids on the tube we got blown off the river with 20mph winds. Leave for another 4 day weekend Thursday though so hopefully...

Hey berg, any updates. ??
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)