Default Windshield coming out of frame

We just noticed that a section of the windshield frame started to come apart. It looks like a screw was either missing or worked itself out. The curved section of the windshield is partially out of the channel. Has anyone replaced or disassembled/reassembled the windshield glass and frame? It looks easy, I'm plenty capable/handy. But... it sounds like replacement glass is at least $900, $1500 installed. If messing with it is awkward or touchy, would I be better served to pay a glass shop to mess with it so that they would be responsible for any accidents?
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Default Windshield coming out of frame

What year and model boat? I had my windshield come loose on my 98 outback. I just crawled under and put some new bolts on.

Standard practice back then. Added some screws and fixed. Have some additiional hands and it should be no problem.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Well, this wasn't just a matter of adding screws. The whole frame needed to be opened up to get the glass to re-seat in the channel. It was well within my abilities (with extra hands) but a glass shop gave me a good deal, so I let them do it and considered it cheap insurance.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

I had the same thing happen to our '02 a couple of years ago. Took it out at the campsite and ran the boat like that for the rest of the week long trip.

Looked kinda ghetto/bass boat combo. I was going to reinstall it myself at home, but chickened out and paid the shop. Kept a close eye on those screws ever since.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.