Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IBS venting hose?

Oops meant to say "drain" hose in thread title.

So ... Installed the IBS system from Wakemakers over the weekend and noticed that the drain hose is connected to the top of the bag. It drains fine but is that normal? Seems weird to me to have a drain on the top of the bag.

The problem I have with it is when it is full, the 90 degree elbow on the drain hose prevents the front seat from sitting flush.

Any ideas?
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

You should be able to drain it from either leg.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    Oops meant to say "drain" hose in thread title.

So ... Installed the IBS system from Wakemakers over the weekend and noticed that the drain hose is connected to the top of the bag. It drains fine but is that normal? Seems weird to me to have a drain on the top of the bag.

The problem I have with it is when it is full, the 90 degree elbow on the drain hose prevents the front seat from sitting flush.

Any ideas?
    You were correct in the title. That is the vent hose, unless you hooked up your hoses wrong. The hose just below that at the bottom of the bag is the fill/drain hose. Make sure you have the fill/drain hose in the correct spot. Some guys live with the seat popping up, others will actually drain some of the water out so that the seat goes flat. Are you venting from the nose of the bag or the top right rear leg?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

vent on top, fill/drain on bottom. my seats and cup holders pop up. I just live with it when surfing
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I too live with the seat and cup holders popping up. If you have people sitting up there, that will keep the seats down - otherwise, I want all the weight I can get.

The cup holders have a drain connection which was not used on Moombas. It is pretty sharp. My cup holders were pretty securely attached, so I broke the adhesive tape free and ground off the drain nipple. Just breaking the adhesive free would have been fine.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Follow up question. Are guys venting from top of the nose or the top of the right rear leg?
    Who's doing what and why?
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Default IBS venting hose?

I vent from the top of the starboard leg because that is the closest spot to the thru hole. I do on occasion loosen the plugs at the top and port legs to let air out if I feel there is air in the bag. Only takes a few seconds, and I'm not worried about it enough to install/move my vent.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

I followed Joe's model and am venting from the nose -- never had an issue with either the filling or emptying. And with the check valve these bags both empty completely flat and better than my rear locker bags that don't have check valves!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I vent from the nose. I figured that it would be the high spot, especially underway. The vent line from my center bag reached the nose of the IBS so it was really easy.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

vent from the drivers side leg, we only surf, so that made sense as it would end up being the high spot
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart