So, we took the boat to the Marina, and they could not get the boat to reproduce the issue we are experiencing on the lake. We took the boat out for the first time in three weeks today, and stopped and started half a dozen times over a 2-3 hour period, and then later in the day, it happened again. The first time, it probably took a dozen attempts over a 15-minute period before we got the starter to engage. The second time, we didn't think it was going to restart, and we actually swam it to a nearby public dock. While my wife was off looking to see if there was a ramp at that park, I started messing around. I disconnected the quick connect from the ignition switch, and blew it out like an old Nintendo game. The first time I tried to start it up, I had disengaged the prop, the boat was full throttle, and it didn't crank. The second time, it started right up. This was after over 2 dozen attempts over an hour period. The issue we have is that the starter is not getting power when we switch the ignition, but only sometimes. When we pulled the boat onto the trailer, my wife stopped and started the boat two more times with no issues. I'd like to go ahead and change out the ignition switch and the associated quick connect. Does anyone know what type of ignition switch I need for a 2003 Moomba Outback LSV? I don't know if I need one directly from Moomba, or if I can just buy a generic one. I prefer that it fits the old hole, of course. Also, with the quick connect, is that something I can get from Lowe's, or is it something special. Is there a problem with removing the quick connect altogether? Finally, we could probably test out if the ignition switch is the problem next time, if there is a way to hotwire the boat. Is this possible? Can I just rub two wires together like in the movies? If so, which ones? All of these problems started when I had trouble starting the boat on July 4th. I was having trouble getting the engine to turnover, and tried to start the boat three times right in a row. The owner's manual says your supposed to give it a break between start attempts. Not sure if this did the damage, or was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Below is a link to my original thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....le-Starting-Up