Default 1100 lbs bags and other ballast questions for surfing

Just purchased a 2012 Mobius LSV and have spent way too much time on the forums looking around instead of working, but they have been great and very helpful. However, I have a few specific questions I wanted to throw out to you all for some guidance.

First, looks like I need to upgrade the rear ballast from the standard in the GIII. I emailed wakemakers.com and they confirmed the 1100 lbs sacks will fit into the real lockers and should be plug and play with the adapter they are sending but just wanted to confirm with you all.

I also want to upgrade the center locker ballast though the pump isn't working right now (hopefully just a fuse but will take troubleshooting tips. On the screen it looks like it is pumping but don't hear the pump switching on). WM said an 800 lb tsunami bag will fit with some adapters and again just want to make sure from those that have done the upgrade.

Finally, when looking at a lot of the posts people mention how much in the locker ballast but then say "500 IBS". Like I said I'm a newbie so not sure what that stands for but guessing "in bow seat". If not would like to know what it is. If it is, is it just a sac sitting on the seat and have to use an external pump to fill and drain?

Sorry for all of the questions and certainly appreciate any guidance. Looking forward to lots of memories on the the Moomba!

IBS - Integrated Bow Sac....its basically a ballast bag that fits below the bow seats so there is nothing exposed.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I got the 1100lb bags from Wakemakers for my LSV and it was plug and play. I did not add the bracing to the engine panels and have had no problems though some others on here have added the panel reinforcements from Wakemakers when moving to the 1100lb bags.
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

Quote Originally Posted by NoleAlum View Post
    Finally, when looking at a lot of the posts people mention how much in the locker ballast but then say "500 IBS". Like I said I'm a newbie so not sure what that stands for but guessing "in bow seat". If not would like to know what it is. If it is, is it just a sac sitting on the seat and have to use an external pump to fill and drain?
    IBS = Integrated Bow Sac. This is a U or V shaped sac that goes under the seats in the bow. Many of us have piggy-backed this off of the center locker sac. You run the "vent" from the locker to IBS in order to fill it and then the vent of the IBS to the overflow thru hull. This works just fine for me with reversible pumps; others have added check valves and such but I haven't found it necessary.

I'll leave your other questions about fittings and such for those with the same year boat but I will say that Wakemakers knows their stuff and I would be willing to just trust them if they say they know which adapters you need.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Thanks very much. I was way off.. I assume WM sells the IBS as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NoleAlum View Post
    Thanks very much. I was way off.. I assume WM sells the IBS as well?
    Yes....

I believe this makes the best use of the space -- http://www.wakemakers.com/straight-l...w-bag-750.html

But this one also works -- http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...d-bow-sac.html

The folks at WM should be able to help you based on the make and model of your boat.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...