Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mojo - rear stock ballasts fully drain?

Just curious ... I noticed today that my stock 650 rear bags dont fully drain ... they probably have 10% left in them after the LCD shows nothing left. They are heavy enough that I can't move them around or lift them up.

Is this normal? Are they supposed to be completely empty?
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

You might have to change the timers, the screen doors not show what's in the bags, just count down of the timers

Check timers. My OBV seems to take a little more time to drain then fill. If the mojo does not have a check valve you may want to consider adding one on your vent line. I am leaning towards timer because if you still have that much water in the bag it is not likely to be losing its prime.
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V

I have the same issue. I have installed check valves to assist in draining. I have played a lot with timer settings with no luck. I agree it seems to take more time to drain than fill. I actually changed them back yesterday to a shorter time so the on screen indication matches to the bag, e.g. 1 to 1. I did have them set longer so they would run longer during the empty process. But with them set this way I didn't really know when they were 1/4 or 1/2, etc.. I would have to guess. IMHO it is easier to have everything 1 to 1 when switching from wake boarding to surfing. I end up having to run the empty cycle again on the boat ramp. This gets all but a small amount out. I do think the check valves help. I think my issue may be that the bags are getting "wrinkled" up near the drain port and it blocks the water flow a little. I have the 900 Sumo's.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Ok sounds good I will play around with the timers and see what that does.

I am putting the Sumo 900s in today. What do you guys usually change the timers to after install?
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

I always turn the pumps on one more time after the empty time is done. They run for about 45 seconds and shut off automatically.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

A lot of this is due to the rear port on the bag. It doesn't sit on the floor. It's up an inch or so. Once the water get below this you get air. Also of the boat is ruled tilted forward from people or ballast then it won't drain completely.

We are always hit the drain a couple times on the ramp as well. I find my hard tank is the worst at not draining.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    Ok sounds good I will play around with the timers and see what that does.

I am putting the Sumo 900s in today. What do you guys usually change the timers to after install?
    I changed mine to 7 min yesterday. They were at 9 min. 7 min may be a little too low. I didn't see water running out the vent. 7:30 may be closer if you want them to be absolutely full. I did peak at them at they looked full though.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    A lot of this is due to the rear port on the bag. It doesn't sit on the floor. It's up an inch or so. Once the water get below this you get air. Also of the boat is ruled tilted forward from people or ballast then it won't drain completely.

We are always hit the drain a couple times on the ramp as well. I find my hard tank is the worst at not draining.
    I took my stock 650s off today and my drain hose was connected to the top of the bag and the fill was at the bottom. Does that make any sense at all?
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Quote Originally Posted by marman View Post
    I changed mine to 7 min yesterday. They were at 9 min. 7 min may be a little too low. I didn't see water running out the vent. 7:30 may be closer if you want them to be absolutely full. I did peak at them at they looked full though.
    I guess the Sumo 900s don't have an air release of any kind? I filled mine up and after about 6ish minutes they looked like the were ready to burst if I let them go any longer. I don't have much experience with these but it seemed like the top portion had some air in it and not water.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub