Hybrid View

Default 2010 LSV Exile install

First and foremost, many many thanks to Mike Mandley and the Exile team. I could not have done this without them. Secondary thanks to the forum here and being able to see what people have done. Over the past 2 days, I was able to get the system upgraded on the LSV and love the results.

All the equipment is in my signature line.

All the speaker wire was run in the tower according to the "how to" on the forum. A slight snag was the tower foot on the 2010 was a little different than earlier models and we had to pop off the left side of the tower so we could fish the speaker wire down into the amp area.

We drilled up from the bottom where the lower support plate is. There is an oval cut out between the two side bolts, but this did not line up exactly with the center hole coming down from the tower (See pic). Also note while wiring the tower, I had a reel of electrical fish tape (spring steel) that came in quite handy through the process.

Day #1
    Tower wired
    Tower speakers mounted
    Amps mounted (2010 came with an amp board mounted for the Kicker system)
    Wired amps - Power/Ground/Speakers
    Power distribution block mounted
    Main power fuse block mounted
    Ground distribution block mounted
    6 cabin speakers swapped out
    ZLD mounted along the side wall next to throttle. The dash did not have a solid spot to attach to in the 2010
    Patch cables run from helm area down through center locker and over to opposite side
    Speaker wired attached to the amps
    Remote wires attached to the amp
    7 hours.

Day #2
    Went back and ran patch cable and speaker wire for future sub
    Removed Kicker amp wiring (power/ground/fuse/patch cables)
    Wired in ZLD into tower amp Power/Ground/Remote
    Moved radio power & ground to the stereo battery (not on to blue sea switch)
    Bridged the remote wire to Cabin amp and coupled with remote coming from head unit
    Blue sea switch and ACR mounted, wired
    Second battery added to the system
    Cleaned up from install
    Exile team tuned the boat
    Ran into a quick issue with the cabin speakers and needed a Y connector to run the bow and main cabin

Battery #1
    Starter
    House fuse and items
    G3 Ballast

Battery #2
    Complete stereo system (Head unit, Amps)

The sound compared to the Kicker system is, well... there is no comparison. I did not add a sub (yet) and do get some good bass out of the cabin speakers. Brian and Mike convinced me I will want a sub, part of why I prewired all for a sub. Likely something I will do in this next off season.

I have the Fossil / Sand color combo and the black Exile speakers look great. Good contrast.
    We were able to mount to the tower and still have room for the Z5 with some head room to walk under.

I still have to zip tie up some of the wiring, but got all working and will put the final touches on this weekend. All in all about 14 hours in the shop to get all this complete. Given it was my first time ever, I am guessing those who have done this before will be able to do it all a little faster.

IMG_0424.jpgIMG_3141.jpgIMG_4915.jpgIMG_5531.jpgIMG_5854.jpg
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Wow,you have busy nicely done.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Was a pleasure to help you get it done.

I was excited to see your reaction to how much better the sound is over stock.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Awesome. Nice work! How does it sound?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love it. I agree with Mike and Brian though.....I see a sub in my future. Such a huge difference over the Kicker system that it came with.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII