Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Aftermarket Surf System

With all the manufacturers rushing to compete on the "surf system" front and many DIY'ers out there and a Need for retro-fit kits it was just a matter of time before an Aftermarket System hit the market.

Just ran across this:

http://www.gosurfassist.com/home-page.html

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I worry about hull warranty on aftermarket kits. I know they would have to prove that is why caused the problem but I don't want to open that door.

Also wish someone would copy the NSS and not the tabs.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Default Re: Aftermarket Surf System

Just thinking of all the things I've voided the warranty on, truck, car, boat, laptop, cell phone, and probably every tool I own..lol ..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Definitely a needed addition to the market. I am still waiting to see what SC has up their sleeve for an aftermarket kit.

This fits under my 5K budget for upgrades this year. So this might be a serious contender.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

feels like all these "trim tab" setups are really for easy switching side to side. personally, still take a listed boat as I want the best wake a boat can produce. granted, have not surfed these new ones with tabs on the sides but feels like that's the big benefit to adding them.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'm with you sandm. But I do think they might be on to something with the diverter tabs on the end? I think the main benefit is side-to-side switching which right, now for me, is not important. Maybe in 3-4 years after these systems have some time and proven results may I sing a different tune? We will see.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

These boats say No list but even when I see them in videos you can see them listing still. They just don't tend to list as for or at idle.

The tab is still helping to roll the boat over to the surf side. What it does help with is what happens to the water after it leaves the hull.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

More insight. I really like their two stage tab design. (although I'd rather have a power ram than a turnbuckle for the tip)

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

That turnbuckle adjustment allows some fine level adjustment to account for differences from one hull to the next. It's not designed to be an on the fly adjustment, but rather something you set once to get the best performance out of your specific boat, and then leave it there.

Obviously our perspective is that a listed boat will give the best wake, but we're playing with some different options right now that are pretty promising, even if you don't take into consideration the convenience of being able to neutrally weight the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    but we're playing with some different options right now that are pretty promising,
    If you're looking for a guinea pig.... Oh wait, you're in Bend now.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...