Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 06 LSV for sale in MI

I filed for divorce from my wife in April, and she is extremely mad and trying to hurt me in any way possible. Since she knows I love the boat, she is trying as hard as she can to force me to sell it. I've come to the point where it's not worth fighting her about property (and paying attorney fees to fight it), as I have much more important things to worry about (my kids and their safety).

Below is a link to my Craigslist ad for it. She had some BS appraisal done by a yacht dealer and they valued it at "$38-40k", which we all on the Moomba forums know is a joke. Regardless, she's going to try and force me to pay her out as much as possible if I keep it, and I'm not sure if the courts would use this appraisal or not.

Bring ALL serious offers, regardless of what they are. This is truly a sad thing, but there will always be more boats.

Thanks!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/4579832640.html
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

I might be interested in the lift if you wanted to sell it separately. PM me if interested....
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Sell it to a friend for 5 bucks, tell her to suck it, and buy it back later.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Default Re: 06 LSV for sale in MI

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    I agree. I know of people that have done this.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Yep, absolutely nothing she can do about it. Also, congrats on the divorce. Was the absolute best thing I ever did for myself despite the fact that I walked away from it with nothing and had to start all over.

Let's all pitch in a couple of grand and buy the boat. We will lease back to you until the divorce is over then you can buy it back. No lost time on the water, kids need a safe place to relax.

sorry for the big distraction , but stuff can be replaced, plus the 2015 mojos are coming out.....

good luck.

I will buy it for 5 bucks.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Wax, sorry to hear that man. You've been a great source of knowledge and big help to us all. At the very least, if you do sell it, try and maintain a presence on the forum...
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

my .02...

visit 2 local wakeshops and have them write up a quick trade quote. would think if you have a skiers dealer in the area, they might help ya out. from there, print off any onlyinboards and boattrader ads with like models and any prior postings on here. would help as well to contact your local bank you use and talk to the loan dude about how much they would loan on the boat and the max value they would finance. sure it's nothing close to 40k on that age/hours boat. that should give you the ammo you need to prove the actual worth of the boat and use the data that is most favorable to you. if you have the means to cash her out at that price and want to keep, I would think this is a piece of the asset list in the divorce that your lawyer(if you are using) should be able to show the worth.

guessing the craigslist ad is only to appease her? if so, perhaps all of us on here could send messages thru cl stating interest in the boat and how overpriced it is. might help your cause...

good luck.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yeah I'm going to combat it for sure since it's obviously ridiculous, and yes the Craigslist ad (at that price) is to appease her. There's still a lien on it, so if anybody makes any offers that are close the payoff I'll take those to the court and be like look at what it's actually worth. I've already looked up comps and all of that, just the more ammo I have the better. Depending on what I could actually get, my end goal would be to keep it, but if somebody gives a decent amount for it and I walk away with a little cash in my pocket too, so be it. Always more boats and gets her off my back so she can move on to the next thing to attack me on lol.

This will all be over in less than 2 months and I can move on, but she will never leave me completely alone for at least the next 15 years (our son is 3).
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV