Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Newbie to board, looking for some guidance

I just rec'd my new cover. It is a blue Westland. Ordered from overtons. Cost was about 450 delivered. I don't think I will use the button cover anymore. It doesn't breathe well, imho

Red rocket is a very nice board. It's make for bigger guys and, while not as agile as the Flyboy Big Boy, it's a great cruiser that will still let you throw some tricks.

You can also have a ton of fun with it since it is so stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I have an XLV with Sumo 900's run about 11.0 MPH surf with CWB ride. Everyone that has been behind my boat with any balance can free ride. The wake should not be the issue, could be a combination of skill level with the board as wake makers says. We are actually bored with the CWB ride and would like to get a couple of new boards. I have no idea what to buy as far as a different board. The CWB ride has been a great board to get up and free ride on though.
    I am same place, looking at p5 model x and inland surfer blue lake...

I'm 175, I'm not sure I have enough weight to move model x enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kdcdds View Post
    Just spoke to several sources, including wake makers, and they say that a thicker board with more float is the answer-- I think I am going to go with the o'brien haze. Alternatives that are similar are the ronix marshmallow and the obriens celsius
    I'm 6'4 240ish and ride a 5'7 Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster ... Really enjoy it and can surf wireless all day until I do stupid stuff and fall. Here's a vid ...

Last edited by 168rod; 08-11-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    2014 Mojo w/Surf Flow
    330 Indmar
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    900 - Rears, 500 - Center, 650 - IBS
    4-Exile SXT9qs, Exile ZLD, Exile Bluetooth

What kind of boat? Also, what is your boat setup

2014 Mojo
    330 HP Indmar

900 - Surf Side, appx 600 port, 500 - Center, 650 - IBS
    Surf Flow in 2nd position
    11.7 mph
    2014 Mojo w/Surf Flow
    330 Indmar
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    900 - Rears, 500 - Center, 650 - IBS
    4-Exile SXT9qs, Exile ZLD, Exile Bluetooth

just to clarify: you fill 900 on both sides at once, or just surf side? it appears that you fill all bags completely?
    thanks again

I have a 2006 XLV. Here is what I do to mine to go without the rope. I have a Hyperlite Broadcast 4'8" and stock ballast bags.

Put factory front center sack in the rear locker on the port side, put factory rear locker sack where the front sack was, put the starboard rear locker sack under the observer seat on the port side. That sack is fed off of the previously capped off fitting from the port side locker sack. It fills from the drain fitting and I put a valve and a hose on the fill fitting so it will sort of vent and fill the port locker sack and fill this sack together. The sack in the port locker does not fill up all the way, its all bunched up in there. I run with the wake plate all the way down. It sounds stupid, but it works, and it was practically free. 10-11 mph depending on additional people in the boat other than my 3 girls and my wife. There is not enough weight in the front of the boat this way to try any wakeplate adjustments. There is enough push to allow you to go without the rope, but you will need to practice finding the right speed and stop people from moving around to keep it consistent.

When I finally change bags I plan to put 1100 in port locker, 400 in starboard locker, factory bag center front, 400 under observer seat.
    2006 XLV