I'm a beginner/intermediate boarder and have been learning lot's reading various threads. As I try and hone in my skills, I'm wondering if a board upgrade would help me out. Currently, I have a Hyperlite Motive 140 with frequency bindings. Entry level, big box store, board...I know. My intentions were to learn on it and be able to use it for a good "boat" board.

So, would a better board help my progression? I'm currently trying to become proficient and consistent with progressive edging, line tension, body/arm position when heading towards the wake. Two outta three seems to be the norm, but I'm getting better. I'd like something with pop and forgivable. I'm wanting to clear w2w and add some grabs for now.

I've been looking around and now seems like a good time to grab a good deal on the already "last years" models. I'm 6'02" and 185lbs. Unfortunately, there's nothing close where I could demo boards.

I've been reading a little on the Ronix line and the district caught my attention. I'm open for any and all suggestions. Thoughts?

Thanks, Steve

http://www.evo.com/outlet/mashups/ro...ings-2013.aspx