Default Amp Installation

I got a new amp and am upgrading my sound system....but i am not sure of the best place to mount the new amp. It is about 16 inches in length and about 7 inches wide. Looking for a place by the battery area, behind the observer seat to mount it...

Dont want to mount it to the floor in case i get big splash of water over the bow, or i come across a hard rain.

I am not too sure how thick the sides are, against the hull, behind the observer seat area. How much space is there between the carpeted side wall and the actual hull...dont want to damage anything??!!

Where do you have yours mounted....what do you think is best / easiest??

2000 Outback LS
    Patrick S.

Default Replying to Topic 'Amp Installation'

Most users make an amp board, and carpet it, then attach that with angle brackets to the current seperator or the sidewall depending on what is best in your model.

It seems the few threads we had here with really good pics were lost in the recent board "event".

-J

I just installed an eclipse amp and I mounted it behind the observer seat against the back of the front seat. I used the bolts that were already ran through the carpeted panel that are used to hold the front seat in. I drilled the holes bigger in my amp and attached it to the already existing bolts and just added some nuts and washers. It looks real good and the best thing is I didn't have to drill any more holes.

I did the same as Big Red. I hope it stays cool in there during the summer. I don't want to move it. The installation didn't take all that long. Working back there was kind of awkward. I ended up pulling out one of the boat speakers to make it easier. I helps if you mark your speaker wires before you permanently install the amp. The pic is not that great but it will give you an idea.