Default Likes & Dislikes @ WakeTheWorld?

Putting on the 1st Wake The World in Co next month and would love your input if you have been or volunteered to one as what you enjoyed or worked well and maybe something you would change if you were running it??

We have 45 kids coming out for the 1st year in Fort Collins, co and 14 boats!!

Thanks for any input!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wake-...7382097?ref=hl
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

We just had our 4th here in Alabama and my first as a volunteer, ours is pretty much ironed out and running great from my experience. The one thing that really stood out is be sure most people have a tube, we spent all day pulling tubes, its easy for any age to get on and ride. Remember some of these kids may have never been on a boat much less been pulled on something, I took my 13 year old along to help teach and encourage the kids to ride and he was a big help just getting a kid to get in the water and to finally ride a tube. You may have some of the older kids try wake boarding or surfing but at the end of the day you will spend more time pulling a tube and enjoying the smiles and laughter of the kids as they enjoy a time of their life. I just let the kids have it their way they picked out the music and we did what they felt comfortable in doing, you will definitely have a great time with the event. Good luck and remember to WAKE THE WORLD
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Always have an older kid or adult that is used to boating watch the rope and help the kids. The driver has other worries. This is the biggest help with having my kids on the boat. Push water all day for everyone. At the end if the event review what worked and did not with drivers, the kids coming to the event will have a great time and not have a single dislike. We are still learning after 2 events.

Default Re: Likes & Dislikes @ WakeTheWorld?

Some kids will Wakeboard and some won't. It's really up to the kid. They will ALL tube though.
    We put a Bluetooth stereo in so anyone in the boat can play music off their phones and it has been a hit. I'm usually too busy driving to mess with it anyway. Or, I'll set Pandora up on my phone and let them pick the stations. Either way they love it. My youngest always manages the lines for me, which is a huge help.
    It takes longer to teach one kid to board than to take 4 kids on tubes (we run them in pairs) but I still make time for it. You can strap a board on a kid, but you can't make him ride.
    2005 Supra 24 SSV
    Lake Lewisville, Lake Leon
    Texas

Awesome appreciate all the info!!
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

As a boat driver for the events, the most recent one I did in June, I got another next Monday is Volunteers at the dock.

This year we had a few people at the docks to help catch the boats as they docked and hold them steady for the familes to get on and off.

For me docking is the most stressful and highest chance for boat damage.

Having people waiting and grabbing the boat made docking fast, simple and worry free, I didn't have to fool with my docking lines, fenders or anything.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]