Default Trailering Boat With XM's On Or Off?

Do you guys take your XM's off when you trailer your boat long distances?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

i do it off.. its to easy to throw them on and off
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

We trailer up to 200 miles, so basically as long as we are staying in the local area of our boating.

When we traveled long distance we take them down.

I generally leave mine on all season unless we go someplace I am worried about theft.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Always take mine off when traveling and at home so they dont get stolen,real easy to take them on and off at the ramp and keeps all the bugs off when traveling,one of the reasons i bought them,the ease of taken them down when needed.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tater View Post
    Always take mine off when traveling and at home so they dont get stolen,real easy to take them on and off at the ramp and keeps all the bugs off when traveling,one of the reasons i bought them,the ease of taken them down when needed.
    Yup you are correct, I tighten mine down do you need the tool to remove them. I found that removing the 6 I have isn't bad but then storing them is a pain. With the PNW being damp in the AMs It caused the speakers to leave wet spots on the floor, also over time the chrome on the grills would start to discolor from being wet all the time.

I have issues with removing them from the boat each time because the more you move them the more of a chance to drop one.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Most of the time I keep them on the tower. I mean who wants a naked tower when you can show off great speakers. The road is not much worse then the lake. You still get bugs hitting them. For longer tows I look at the distance and the roads.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

When I use storage where I have to fold the tower I take them down, If i am using storage where I can keep the tower up, I leave them up. I don't worry about bugs hitting them, they have covers for that. I am sure they produce extra wind drag trailer though I am not sure how much of a difference it makes fuel wise. Like Mike, the biggest part of taking them down is find someplace to put them.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I take them and the wake board racks an offfor long tows
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

On for short trips (< 1 hour)

Off for long trips

Hand tight they tend to swivel around a bit so I always wrench down when they're on the tower.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...