Thread: Mondo vs Mojo

Threaded View

Default Mondo vs Mojo

Ok I know this comparison is little off seeing as how the LSV fits inbetween them , but both are newer hull styles and designs. I demoed a 13 LSV with the new top deck makeover and just wasn't impressed. It drove really weird loaded up and wanted to hook and lean over at times. It also propised like crazy with factory filled and 500 in the nose. Just didn't have a good experience. The previous generation LSV seemed to have a better wake. So here we are at these two boats.

Little about my background I have a 2000 XStar with 1200hrs logged on it. I run about 3k in it at 24.5mph and 80ft. Got about 5 inverts Bs 360 and all the 180's. My wakeboarding has peaked it is more on the downturn as I am really not trying anything new. 2 shoulder surgeries and 3 knees are catching up( only one of all those is from wakeboarding) . My wife rides empty with just the bow ballast at 21.5 and 65ft. I have 2 daughters 10-7 that are loving life behind the boat. I need little more space and would also like to give them a wake they can progress on, while adding some above average surf ability. My star is just enough to get us surfing, but nothing to write home about. The wakeboard on it is washed out even empty at anything below 21mph. My SC dealer is top notch and the reason Moomba is on the list. I am also considering an Axis T22 as well if anyone wants to chime in on a comparison. I have been inside all the 14 Moombas, just only behind a 13 LSV and several years of Outbck V's with the newest hull and I love they way their boats have gone styling and finish wise.

So here is what I am looking for.
    - low speed clean wakes at say 17-20mph
    - firm crisp,wakeboard wakes I won't need to dump 5k in ballast in to achieve. I would like it all hidden ( including the bow weight)
    -good-great surf wake on the goofy side. 3 out of the 4 of us are goofy.
    -I would also like a not so side to side sensitive boat. I have 3 buddies who all now own newer Outback V's with the drop keel hull and it's very sensitive on people placement left to right.

I find myself pulling out a surfboard more these days but still love wakeboarding. I can handle possibly going with little less wakeboard wake than the Star to gain some space and surfability. However I like a poppy, steeper wake like the original star can throw. So hit me up with your thoughts and comments. I plan on demoing them both but just looking to hear some opinions. I did a search, but nothing really touched on the low speed wakes or compared these two boats specifically wakeboard wake shape wise.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by KDC3612; 07-19-2014 at 07:31 PM.