Default Check engine light

Just put the boat in the water for the first time this year after storage and the check engine light is on. Its a 2007 outback dd new in 2008 with 120hrs runs fine oil pressure good and water temp is good does anyone have any ideas?
    Could this be something small without taking it back to a dealer because its a 2 hour drive(one way) to the closest indmar dealer. Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    Just put the boat in the water for the first time this year after storage and the check engine light is on. Its a 2007 outback dd new in 2008 with 120hrs runs fine oil pressure good and water temp is good does anyone have any ideas?
    Could this be something small without taking it back to a dealer because its a 2 hour drive(one way) to the closest indmar dealer. Any Ideas?

Last year and this year the first couple outings I would get a check engine light. If all your gauges read fine, boat runs fine, oil levels are fine then run that tank out, fill it again and I bet it goes away.

Sometimes the old fuel even with Stabil will throw a CEL due to the octane dropping and the engine not working as efficiently as it wants to.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ok thanks for the info i will run that gas through and put some good high test in it.

I had same issue with my boat this year. Light came on after being out about 30 mins and stayed on that day. After putting in new high test gas it hasn't come on again...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I had same issue with my boat this year. Light came on after being out about 30 mins and stayed on that day. After putting in new high test gas it hasn't come on again...
    I have the same model boat and i have the same issue every year. I was told it could be a low voltage sensor that triggers after having the battery removed for winterization. It then take the boat to go through 6,7 full engine cycles till this goes away. If you check all the vital info , and everything is good its a good possibilty its the same or similar type of issue.
    07 Outback DD

Ok thanks for the info we will run the old gas out of it and keep an eye on it.
    Happy boating!