Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ski wake

Back to the OP's question- Anybody ski the Mondo? Pictures or video? Somebody throttle that thing up to 34mph and bust out the kidder and snap some video.

The 2008 OBV is definitely skiable in open water. On the course it's a challenge but not a death wish. It's a few hundred pounds lighter than the 2009-current model so that helps.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I have looked at the ski wake on mine and had a friend out with me who is a course skier who checked it out. His comment was that it wasn't too bad and was a little surprised. He had his Mastercraft DD out so we skied behind it instead. He is going out with me next week probably and I will try to get some video of him. I will say for sure his DD wake is awesome for skiing. He talked me into skiing behind his and I must say I really enjoyed it.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Thanks for all of the replies so far. My wife is a recreational skier at 30mph. Sounds like the mondo might be ok. How about the lsv? I can get a pretty good deal on either one right now. Thanks again

Well like I said, I didn't enjoy skiing behind the LSV. Don't get me wrong, I love our LSV, I just have no intention of ever skiing behind it again.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by rvette View Post
    Looking to possibly upgrade from an outback (DD) and looking for options on the ski wake behind the mondo and lsv. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Head over to Columbus and I'll give you a pull behind the Mondo. I'm thinking Griggs on Sunday evening.

There are many factors to a wake that make skiing difficult. The width and depth of the troughs, the shape of the wake, the peak-to-peak width, the shape of the peak, elevation change between the peaks, and the 'hardness'. I have a friend with a MC 209. A very nice multi-purpose DD boat. It is pretty much unskiable at anything under 36 mph unless you have perfect body position at all times. The owner had developed a style of 'cringing' as he came into the wake to try to absorb the impact. It has the hardest wake I have ever skied against. The point here is that even DD can have undesireable wakes. The only way to know for sure is to ski them. There is a reason they don't use V-drives to pull tournaments, and why not every DD is tournament approved.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I used to have a Supra 22SSV and now have a Mojo. The ski wake LOOKS bigger on the Mojo, but is friendlier than the SSV. Hard to describe, but I think it is softer and easier to cut through. For a big v-drive, it's actually not that bad. I would pretty much always get wake to wake air on the SSV!

That said, I rarely ski anymore unless I'm out with a friend that has a ski boat.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

thanks everyone for the additional replies. Patrick232- I appreciate the offer but I am out of town on Dale Hollow as we speak and will be here a little while longer. Have you skied behind yours? I'd appreciate your opinion if you have. I am leaning toward the Mondo. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by rvette View Post
    thanks everyone for the additional replies. Patrick232- I appreciate the offer but I am out of town on Dale Hollow as we speak and will be here a little while longer. Have you skied behind yours? I'd appreciate your opinion if you have. I am leaning toward the Mondo. Thanks again!
    Haven't been up on skis since 06 and that was behind our old rinker. Enjoy Dale Hollow and get with us when you get back for a ride and pull behind the Mondo.

I am really curious if you guys have any more information on this thread. I am about to pull the trigger on a 2016 Mondo. One of the reasons that I am choosing the Mondo is that I am assuming is a capable slalom boat. I know it's not going to be great, but if it's terrible, I might consider getting a bigger boat, and using my brothers ski ray as the ski boat. Any information would be greatly appreciated.