Hybrid View

Default Ski locker/ center bag suction help

Hey guys,

I am having trouble with my center ballast bag not emptying all the way and not sucking flat like all the others do.

My setup is a follows:
    -1100 in rear lockers with dedicated aerator pumps for fill and separate dedicated aerator pumps for empty (these bags suck flat). These bags have dedicated vents as well.
    -400 in center ski locker with the top vent plumbed to the fill of the two legs of the 650 IBS in the bow. The IBS is vented out of the top. Dedicated aerator fill pump to these as well. Dedicated aerator empty pump with the three lines (2 IBS legs and 1 400 empty line) t-ed together before the empty pump.

The IBS sucks completely flat and I suspect that when this happens it is stopping the center bag from getting the flow through from the vent it needs to get all the water out of the center bag.

I am thinking about T-ing in a vent on the center bag line to the IBS with a one way valve that will stop water from pushing out but allow air in when the IBS has sucked flat.

First of all, in not sure I have explained it very well- my apologies.

If you do get what I'm going on about, what are your thoughts?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I have my center hooked to the IBS with just a single line and also have a check valve on the vent out of the IBS. Both bags drain perfectly flat with no issues at all.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    I have my center hooked to the IBS with just a single line and also have a check valve on the vent out of the IBS. Both bags drain perfectly flat with no issues at all.
    Check Valve, when you have bags with Vents, if you don't check valve them they tend to have more draining issues.

Now, this is also concerned to how they drain or are positioned, my IBS drains completely flat because of the way it lays on the floor. Both V Drives are hit and miss on draining flat. I have been meaning to install check valves on them.

On the LSV I had check valves on all my bags and everything drained completely.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well, I did not mention that I have check valves on all the vents, they are obviously oriented to let water/ air out, not back in.

Would the IBS sucking flat stop the center bag from emptying completely or is it a separate issue?

Would it help or hinder to add another line with a check valve that only allows air back in to the center bag for draining purposes?
    Last edited by moombahighrider; 07-15-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

After your IBS drains flat, pop the vent line off the IBS and see if the center then goes flat. That way, you will know if you need to add anything to break that vacuum you're suspecting.

I did the poor man IBS. I took the old 400s from the rear and set them up under the bow. So I have a tee off the vent of the center bag going to fill each each leg of the bow and a tee on the vent of bow bags. Then a check valve after the tee. Mine sucks flat pretty consistently.
    Your IBS being sucked flat would do the same thing as your check valve.
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V