Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have several threads and tons of pictures, video on the Mojo with Flow that I have done over the last two summers. I am actually going to be uploading more today.

I will not say that the 1100s won't work, but in my testing from 650s all the way to 1500 rears, the 900 perform the best.
    You also need to be careful because if you over weight the rear of the boat the Flow will not work, it will just flow and wash out everything.

This is also only true on the Regular side, if you are surfing goofy then its a whole other setup to get the best wave.

If you are not running a Flow, then more weight on Surf side only is always better.

You absolutely need the IBS for a decent Mojo wave. We run nearly 1700-1900 in the nose due to hard tank, IBS, 450 bag on seat and 1 or 2 adults in the nose.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I have several threads and tons of pictures, video on the Mojo with Flow that I have done over the last two summers. I am actually going to be uploading more today.

I will not say that the 1100s won't work, but in my testing from 650s all the way to 1500 rears, the 900 perform the best.
    You also need to be careful because if you over weight the rear of the boat the Flow will not work, it will just flow and wash out everything.

This is also only true on the Regular side, if you are surfing goofy then its a whole other setup to get the best wave.

If you are not running a Flow, then more weight on Surf side only is always better.

You absolutely need the IBS for a decent Mojo wave. We run nearly 1700-1900 in the nose due to hard tank, IBS, 450 bag on seat and 1 or 2 adults in the nose.
    Yeah I was reading your review earlier today until I got pulled away from the computer. My wife and I both ride goofy. How would you say that changes things?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    Yeah I was reading your review earlier today until I got pulled away from the computer. My wife and I both ride goofy. How would you say that changes things?
    I will get my latest Goofy wave posted, vimeo is being a pain right now,.

On the Goofy you have a couple of factors working against the wave, prop rotation, offset weight.

My Wife surfs goofy as does half my crew so its imperative I get a great goofy wave.

With goofy it seems to still work best with classic weighting and listing. With the Flow i have found the more weight on goofy the better, and you still use the flow but the boat will be listing.

I have run 1500 enzo bag on the goofy, 500 hard tank IBS 650 and 450 on my bow seats. This creates a monster goofy wave but its still not as long as I would like.

Recently we added 400lbs of steel shot bags. <lead but steel> and I put 120 around driver seat, 160 behind driver in storage, and 120 in bow under the dash area. This allows more weight to be centralized. Over the 4th was the first time doing this and it was insane. Goofy riders where loving the wave. To my trained surf wave eye the boat was now over weighted in the rear with that 1500 and passengers and was creating a really tall wave but it still has good length.

I now have switched the 1500 back out for a 900 and will be out again this next Sunday or Monday 20-21st weather permitting.

As for the flow setting 2 or 3 works best.
    I find that speed right at 10-10.5 works, for us its 2900RPM
    Wake Plate 50-100% up depends is you want more push.

I will post more finding as we continue to work on the goofy.

What you will find is if you run off set weight, or let too many people sit on the observer side the wave washes out. You can test this by moving people around.

if your on FB look me up at https://www.facebook.com/mmandley
    All my videos and pics go on my page. Normally its tagged with Moomba Boats as well.
    Last edited by mmandley; 07-15-2014 at 06:24 PM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Front ballasts for surfing?

IBS is a must. Made a big difference for my Mojo. Install is very easy.

2012 Mojo

IBS and 950's for me as well, very nice wave. With the flow, should work well as Mike has pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Sweeeet good to know. I went in to the local Moomba dealer here and he jumped up into the bow and said that the 650lb sac wouldnt fit. He said you might get it filled to 50% if you are lucky because the bow isn't that deep.

He was talking about what Fly High offered through Barefoot Intl ... so maybe they just have a different product offering than Wakemakers.

So this:

http://www.wakemakers.com/moomba-pig...m-upgrade.html

will definitely fit up front on a '14 Mojo? Are you guys able to fill it right to the top?

If so, I'm gonna order that now and then grab the 900s when they are back in stock!

Thanks guys

That is the IBS I run and I fill it 100% as well as 1,100's in the rear lockers. I also add a 370 under the port seats and one of the bricks in the surf side corner.

Only thing that happens with that IBS is the front cup holders get pushed out.

Not only does the 650 fit and fill to 100% Wake Makers is actually working on an 850 bag that I hope to test when they get it. They are making one with extended legs.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

blackcup how did you go with this? I just got a 14 Mojo and am thinking about the doing the same thing.

Did you go 900 or 1100?

Thanks

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Not only does the 650 fit and fill to 100% Wake Makers is actually working on an 850 bag that I hope to test when they get it. They are making one with extended legs.
    15 mojo is going to need more ballast, 850 plus Enzo sacs in the rear
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold