Hybrid View

Default 07 LSV Near 700 hours

So I will more then likely hit 700 hours on the boat this year so I was wondering if there was a regular maintenance schedule that I need to follow. I have already done the plugs, impeller every other year, 1 hose due to splitting, and all the fluids on a regular basis. I had the dripless shaft seal also go so when that was changed they had to pull the v-drive so all the seals and fluid was changed then. Is there transmission fluid in the boat too? I have never done anything with that.

Is there anything I should go over or really be on the lookout for. I figure I am starting to get up there a little and want to protect my investment.

You should be changing the transmission fluid every season too.

Look at the owner's manual. If you don't have it, look at the top of this page and click on "Archive" then your year/model. When you get to the page for your boat there is a link for the manual.

Yours is on this page (see pg. 60 for the schedule):

http://www.moomba.com/downloads/owne.../moomba_07.pdf
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    So I will more then likely hit 700 hours on the boat this year so I was wondering if there was a regular maintenance schedule that I need to follow. I have already done the plugs, impeller every other year, 1 hose due to splitting, and all the fluids on a regular basis. I had the dripless shaft seal also go so when that was changed they had to pull the v-drive so all the seals and fluid was changed then. Is there transmission fluid in the boat too? I have never done anything with that.

Is there anything I should go over or really be on the lookout for. I figure I am starting to get up there a little and want to protect my investment.
    If you look between the Vdrive and the motor, that is the transmission, you should see a dipstick on the left side if looking from inside the boat. I normally change my transmission fluid at the same time I do my VDrive fluid. Have you checked the fluid in your wakeplate? I had to add some in there also last year or the year before. What about your fuel filter/water separator?
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

I have not changed transmission fluid or v-drive fluid in the 2 years I have owned it even though the v-drive fluid was changed about a year ago when they pulled it for the dripless shaft seal. I will also go and check the wakeplate fluid.

I have been running the penzoil oil in the boat that is recommended but is there something else that you guys run that might be better? I figure sticking with factory is best but who knows. Thanks for the heads up so far