Default help me find an upgrade to my 1997 Moomba Outback

I have enjoyed this little ski boat for the past 7 years with my family. I grew up slalom skiing and really enjoy this wake. As I get older, I do slalom ski less and less. With the shallowness of this boat, we often take on water when storms come upon us and we are trying to get off the lake. My family doesn't really ski much, at least not at my level. They double ski and kneeboard and tube. But we do not do anything with a large wake, since the outback produces such a small wake. We love the open bow of our boat. We do not have a tower. We do have a large bimini for shade.

As the boat ages, and I tend to ski less, I wonder about getting a little larger boat; with more storage, maybe a tower to try some wakeboarding, and i'd like to try some wake surfing and other wake stuff. I would still like to be able to slalom ski when the mood and water cooperate. But i wouldn't mind a different boat that allowed us to tube, kneeboard, and get into wake things.

However, looking at Moomba's from the age of mine til now, confuses me. I'm simply not sure which one I should look for to buy and would love for you to point me at some ideas you have that may make me happy.
    Keep in mind we spent about 12k for this boat years ago, and have made it work for us for many years.

I got a 2007 Outback V that I'm selling. Loaded out. It's got a decent ski wake but I've added about 3k in ballast. Surfs real well and Wakeboards real well also. Pm if your interested.

Sounds like you're looking for an LSV. My 07 has a pretty flat wake (not DD flat but good nonetheless) for a V-drive when un-ballasted and a respectable surf wave with a couple of cheap ballast upgrades. I don't wakeboard alot, but others enjoy the LSV's wake for that. Tons of storage, and a fantastic boat.
    2007 LSV

Default help me find an upgrade to my 1997 Moomba Outback

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    Sounds like you're looking for an LSV. My 07 has a pretty flat wake (not DD flat but good nonetheless) for a V-drive when un-ballasted and a respectable surf wave with a couple of cheap ballast upgrades. I don't wakeboard alot, but others enjoy the LSV's wake for that. Tons of storage, and a fantastic boat.
    What he said ⬆️. My 08 lsv is a great all-around boat. Definitely not the best ski wake, but decent for open water/ casual skiing, good wakeboard, good/ great surf wave, awesome family size. The upside for me is that they hold their value well so far too, which means you may have to come up with a bit more money than you are thinking (assumption on my part) to get into one.

There are other options but the lsv 06 and up is a great choice.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Look at the 2009 and up Outback V. Still has a good ski wake. Not much bigger hull but way more useful space. You can wakeboard, surf, etc. Go for a ride in one. You'll come away impressed.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

^^^^^ True Dat!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V