Hybrid View

Default Where to boat in/around Miami, FL???

I'm considering a relo to the Miami area and I need to figure out what to do with my boat. I noticed there are quite a few inboard dealers in the South Florida area. Where do folks take their wakeboard rigs for good water without getting chewed up by critters!?

any of the Florida lakes have gators in them, but they will not bother you unless your in there at night or jumping into a circle of them.

During the day, they will see you, but you will never see them.

It is ok. Relax, enjoy your boating.

I'm in Central Florida.

By the way - I have a sister who lives up your way - in Montgomery. Cinci is a great place.

Love the Skyline Chili!

Skyline is great if you're not eating it non-stop! I love it here, but we only get a couple good months a year to spend on the water. We usually spend weekends at Lake Cumberland which is crystal clear and beautiful or just on the Ohio River which is pretty nasty. I won't tell my wife what you said about gators. That would mean I'd have to sell the LSV and get a cabin cruiser or something for the salt.

I suppose we could always store it in Central FL and drive to it on the weekends and vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperyrockTKE300 View Post
    any of the Florida lakes have gators in them, but they will not bother you unless your in there at night or jumping into a circle of them.

During the day, they will see you, but you will never see them.

It is ok. Relax, enjoy your boating.

I'm in Central Florida.

By the way - I have a sister who lives up your way - in Montgomery. Cinci is a great place.

Love the Skyline Chili!

I'm from Pittsburgh. I know all about the Ohio - I agree, nasty.

You'll find a ton of lakes down near Miami - especially west of Miami.

Your wife will find out about the gators in due time...heck, you'll be near the everglades!

I'll be up in Cinci for Christmas. Hitting the Loveland Trail, Montgomery Inn, Skyline Chilli, Greaters, etc etc.