We're getting a REALLY late start to the season and it was our first time at the lake (today) after the winter break. Our 2004 XLV ran great, however, after 15 - 20 minutes, we noticed the bilge kept pumping water. We checked the engine compartment and it had quite a bit of water. We then pulled the rear seat cover off to look at the V-drive and transmission compartment. It was almost full to the top of the compartment. We put the boat in gear and when we did, a significant blast of water started spraying out either side of what looked like the rear of the V-drive/shaft area. The more power we gave the harder the water sprayed out. I reached down while we were in motion and I could feel the shaft connection to the V-Drive and it "seemed" to be spraying out of that area. Not sure though as I was only going by feel and was getting my finger tips whacked by the spinning connection and bolts. We have never had this issue before.

Any suggestions on what this might be? We pulled it out of the lake right away, drove home, drained the water and grabbed a mirror to have a look around the area and everything seemed (I'm not a mechanic) fine.

We leave for vacation in 10 days so hopefully this isn't anything too major.

Thanks all for your help and direction.