Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    and ground connections are the small connectors beside the negative terminal right? Which battery would I connect it to? B1 or B2 or does it matter?9
    99% sure I have it hooked up properly. Here is my diagram.

Default Just received my boat .... batteries not connected?? HELP!

Well, I'm not sure what switch you have, but did you connect the wires to the battery switch or were they already terminated? My concern is where you show one battery connected to post 1 and the other to post 1+2. Is that correct? I would expect battery 2 to be connected to post 2, not 1+2. I am not 100% on that though. If it was already connected to the switch before you took ownership, I would not mess with it for now.

On the negative/ ground side, it looks good. Nice job!
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

On second glance at your first post, I think you are good with the switch connections. You mentioned that you got power on both position 1 and 2, which I think means the batteries are terminated where they should be. Maybe someone else had more insight on the dual battery switch that comes on the new boats.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    On second glance at your first post, I think you are good with the switch connections. You mentioned that you got power on both position 1 and 2, which I think means the batteries are terminated where they should be. Maybe someone else had more insight on the dual battery switch that comes on the new boats.
    yup thats it exactly. it came like that from the factory so I didn't mess around with it!

Thanks everyone for the help. Going to take it out now and give 'er its first run!!

Have fun. Good luck!
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

He has it correct. The labels on the front of the switch are deceiving. If you look on the back side of the switch, you will see that battery 1 post is behind battery 1, battery 2 post is behind battery 1+2, and the common post is behind battery 2.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    99% sure I have it hooked up properly. Here is my diagram.

You need to dismount the switch and make absolute certain that the cables are connected correctly. On both the Perko brand and Blue Sea brand switch, both widely used, the battery cables are opposed and the common is in between them. Based on your diagram, and im ignoring the nomenclature on front as it does not translate directly to the back, your main battery cables are incorrect.

The batteries' main B+ cables should each terminate to the #1 and #2 labeled post, and ALL output cables go to the "C" post.

Default Re: Just received my boat .... batteries not connected?? HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    You need to dismount the switch and make absolute certain that the cables are connected correctly. On both the Perko brand and Blue Sea brand switch, both widely used, the battery cables are opposed and the common is in between them. Based on your diagram, and im ignoring the nomenclature on front as it does not translate directly to the back, your main battery cables are incorrect.

The batteries' main B+ cables should each terminate to the #1 and #2 labeled post, and ALL output cables go to the "C" post.
    On the Blue Sea switch that comes on the Moombas, the common is not between battery 1 and battery 2. Looking at the back of the switch, battery 1 is on the right, common is on the left, and battery 2 is on the bottom.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    On the Blue Sea switch that comes on the Moombas, the common is not between battery 1 and battery 2. Looking at the back of the switch, battery 1 is on the right, common is on the left, and battery 2 is on the bottom.
    Is that the Dual-Circuit Plus Switch or the 9001 dual bank? I could be mistaken, and will double check in the AM. Either way, there is no 1/2 post and battery cables should not connect to the "C" post.

Ok, quick look online at the most common Perko and Blue Sea 9001E, the batt-1 and batt-2 posts are opposing each other. But, on the Blue Sea 6007 Mini, you are 100% correct, the #1 and C are opposing each other, and the #2 is below/center of those two. I think the OP's switch is wired correctly, its just the labeling on above diag does not correlate with the back of the switch, and could be misleading.