Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Maybe i'm trying to make the boat do something it isn't designed to do, i'm going to adjust the trim and see what happens. I'm sure that it being 23ft instead of 21ft also makes a difference on turning radius.

Thanks for the input everyone.
    2005 XLV Gravity Games Edition

I'd still add weight to the back of the boat so the prop is deeper in the water.

If you are trying to throw people off the tube, look for some pulling techniques instead of speed.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I'd still add weight to the back of the boat so the prop is deeper in the water.

If you are trying to throw people off the tube, look for some pulling techniques instead of speed.
    Yeah, really the only time I encounter that is when i'm purposely pulling a tube to another place on the lake and needing to go faster, other than that, i usually go slower and whip them out.
    2005 XLV Gravity Games Edition

Definitely sounds like prop cavitation to me. When you load a prop wrong or too much they tend to do that. Essentially drops the pressure on the back side so much the water boils, creating pocket of air. Pretty cool physics behind it.
    2007 LSV

definitely sounds like cavitation to me. My need to look at your prop and make sure you don't have any damage to it or you may need to upgrade it if you are running a stock prop.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

A few things to consider when pulling the dreaded tube. First of all I hope you don't have it hooked to the the tower, way too much load and could damage things. Second of all, if you have it hooked to the ski pylon like most everyone, that's still elevated enough that when you make a sharp turn the drag from the tube will actually pull (roll) the boat over more thus exposing your prop to a greater chance of cavitation.
    Also, as far as tube pulling technique. When you pull from the ski pylon, it's a lot more difficult to whip the tube around because when you turn, the boat is almost pivoting around the pylon (just forward of it) and you lose that tail whipping movement that most of us are used to on conventional ski boats. If you have a transom attach point, you may try hooking a tube there, but your riders will have to deal with more spray generated from rope splash.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Default Has anyone else had this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ninedriver View Post
    A few things to consider when pulling the dreaded tube. First of all I hope you don't have it hooked to the the tower, way too much load and could damage things. Second of all, if you have it hooked to the ski pylon like most everyone, that's still elevated enough that when you make a sharp turn the drag from the tube will actually pull (roll) the boat over more thus exposing your prop to a greater chance of cavitation.
    Also, as far as tube pulling technique. When you pull from the ski pylon, it's a lot more difficult to whip the tube around because when you turn, the boat is almost pivoting around the pylon (just forward of it) and you lose that tail whipping movement that most of us are used to on conventional ski boats. If you have a transom attach point, you may try hooking a tube there, but your riders will have to deal with more spray generated from rope splash.
    How does pulling a tube from the tower cause any more strain than pulling a wakeboarder who is cutting in the water?
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's Next?)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post
    How does pulling a tube from the tower cause any more strain than pulling a wakeboarder who is cutting in the water?
    There is no way a rider can submerge and create enough drag to practically stop your moving boat.
    While it rarely happens given the "perfect storm" should a wave hit your tube just right and take it under while you are more focused on fallen riders than the tube the amount of drag that thing creates is an attention getter! That is when towers get damaged. And you can pull a tube for years without ever submerging it but that one time it happens you will be glad you didn't attach it to your tower.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post

I've often wondered this myself. If you wake board with a pretty big wakeboarder who knows how to build a good progressive edge and a lot of line tension it can roll the boat over too. Happens all the time on our boat, I can't see pulling a tuber applying any more stress than a 200 lb+ man edging hard...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Like jake said, if that tube gets under the water, that pressure far exceeds a big wakeboarder. That tube won't let go of the rope either.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro