Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I thought that is how it works. A new board and the Flow will make me a pro. I just want to improve my wake without having to add more weight to the boat.
    Just my .02 . I ride my mondo just listed with no flow. I also rode a new friends mondo a week ago or so. Same weight just both bags filled in the back with flow. Flow makes a big difference in the length for what we all could tell. if your looking for a longer wave the flow will give you that. I can attest!
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by slipperyrockTKE300 View Post
    just to play devil's advocate here, and nothing in particular meant towards anyone...

BUT.... I'm rather curious...why do you think that having the flow on a OBV will make you a better wakesurfer?
    I'm sure of very few things, but I am sure that the Flow will not make me a better surfer. I'm looking at it for the pure convenience -- evenly weighted boat and simple switch between regular and goofy surfers.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I need to see one of these contraptions in action I guess.

It's just real hard for me to fathom something like this making a huge difference on the NG OBV.

And I reread the thread and nowhere did anyone say ANYTHING about it making them a better surfer.
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Jwredmon101 View Post
    And I reread the thread and nowhere did anyone say ANYTHING about it making them a better surfer.
    My point exactly!

a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position they do not necessarily agree with (or simply an alternative position from the accepted norm), for the sake of debate or to explore the thought further.

I guess getting the flow is like upgrading your stereo - just because it is loud and a lot of it, it ain't gonna improve your taste in music, but it enhances convenience.

as I mentioned...I need to see one of these contraptions in action.

It's just real hard for me to fathom something like this making a huge difference on the NG OBV that makes it worth the $$$$.

Hmmmm, now if we could get dimensions and photos - I bet we could do a "group fabricate".
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 07-15-2014 at 05:41 AM.

The design is to make it easier to switch from one activity (wakeboarding) to another (surfing) without having to sit around and wait for pumps. It was not designed to improve your surf wake.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

"It was not designed to improve your surf wake. "

Ohhhhhh. Got it thanks.

A $1300 (+ the cost of installation) device meant just for convenience - of not wanting to wait for 4 - 8 minutes. LOL.

I've also read (SC article) that states when using this flow thing, the swim platform is to be level AT or just slightly below the surface of the water.

So I guess anyone who installs the flow and who upgraded to the 750's are gonna be re-buying 400's?

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

So what you guys are saying is any surf enhancement is for convenience only. Ie. Surfgate, nss, swell, convex vx, cats,... I dont think so. I m sure you can get great waves behind any boat with enough weight. I just wanna do it with the least possible save money and be consistent. Delayed convergence works... the flow is a delayed convergence device. I m waiting to get mine on the LSV to see results.
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodude24 View Post
    So what you guys are saying is any surf enhancement is for convenience only. Ie. Surfgate, nss, swell, convex vx, cats,... I dont think so.
    I can't speak for anyone else in this discussion, but I have only been talking about the Flow and I have not heard or read anything that makes me believe that the wave is ENHANCED with this device.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Has noone read MMandleys review of the flow on his Mojo. Its worth taking a look at. He is getting a longer wave with his flow than with just listing .. and he uses 900's in the back and not the stock bags referring to slipperys comment.It might not have as big of a wave as slamming the boat with 4k weight but.. The benefits in my opinion are better fuel economy, not listing the boat and running more evenly, The convenience of switching from side to side, and better handling when weighted. So it DOES Enhance the whole surfing experience, including the wave.
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz