Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 models...

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    raptor motor is expensive today as it's in a limited production. wonder if economies of scale will bring it to a 2k price bump vs a 7k price bump? and I would assume, not remembering the official press release, if all the other vendors using indmar motors will help drive that cost down as well.
    wondering if they are resorting to closed cooling to keep the engine at a more constant temp rather than pulling water from a 55deg lake in montana and a 75deg lake in florida? easier to program an ecu? it is, without a doubt, going to add to the complexity of the engine and will take a small % of shadetree mechanics and push them to dealer service.

I do share mikes concern about the cost of the boats tho. something tells me I see a moomba with a sticker price beginning with an 85 in the not so distant future when optioned up.
    am excited to see what is in store. hoping for more than the last redesign of the lsv where they just added some topdeck.
    I'm with you man. I am excited to see what SC has to offer, I know the Supra line has been impressive on the SA and SC release. Can't wait to see the SE now.

On the Moomba line It was a nice revamp on the OB and LSV lines, the Mojo release I think fell flat on its face, not until the 13 Mojo did that boat really pick up speed and start selling.

I am a die hard SC fan as well, they have been very good to me, always working things out with me and taking care of any issue I have.

My only downside is my dealer sells Malibu, Axis, Nautique and when prices start getting within range of the dealer saying this is the price of these 3 boats now pick what you want..Its scary LOL.

Not to mention in those same prices I have contacts at Tige, Centurion, Supreme, MB now as well.

I will stay loyal to < my family SC > until it just doesn't make since.

Its all the newby people out there walking into the Dealer saying I got 80K to spend, show me what you got and if you take a Price Point Boat like Moomba and set it next to the shine and electronic bling of other boats, unknowing buyers will pick the Shiny Bling every time. Its the PRICE that makes Moomba stand out, and then people buy them, and realize they got the best deal because Performance, Function shine over other brands, but you have to get them past the Bling and electronics for X dollar, and into the Ease of ownership and Performance.

We as return owners, know what Moomba is all about and why they last so long and why they hold there value in the market. Its getting the new owners to see this.
    Last edited by mmandley; 07-12-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

On the shiny bling comment, I do wish that the SC boats had a some kind of intelligence for the ballast system. I think they could do it very inexpensively (based on my own system design and my profession). I wish there was a factory option to remember boat settings so that you could just hit a button and have a consistent wake every time. My wife and I go out by ourselves almost every time on the lake and sometimes I get the boat dialed in perfectly and other times its all washed out.

I guess I need to remotivate myself to finish my project for an ballast control system. I have the touch screen and all the hardware. I have the screens designed and I have the majority of the program written, I guess I just need to get it all mounted and finished. I am trying to install it so it looks factory and not goofy.

Default 2015 models...

SC boats do have that system.

It's called Supra VISION.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeM. Relax . I think we got you covered on your slippery slope concerns. I think you will be happy. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post

I understand that but its at a price point that is unaffordable for most people and very elaborate encompassing more than just ballast. It would be nice if there was a system that just had ballast control. Leave everything else the way it is and keep the price point down and just make it easier to get a consistent wake. I was also referring to the Moomba family within the SC portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    MikeM. Relax . I think we got you covered on your slippery slope concerns. I think you will be happy. IMO
    Thanks Rick T, I trust you man, you have never let me down lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    ^ that is why SC is awesome.

chad, owning a boat with the electronic screen that is a "touch", I would trade it in a heartbeat for the simplicity of the moomba setup. too much to go wrong. supra did it right with a screen but redundant switches. granted mine has redundant as well, but they are buried under the dash and only incase the touch goes out. I believe it's what added 5k to the cost of my boat. at least at skiers, it's either-or. buy a moomba and have simplicity, buy supra and it automagically does everything.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I understand that but its at a price point that is unaffordable for most people and very elaborate encompassing more than just ballast. It would be nice if there was a system that just had ballast control. Leave everything else the way it is and keep the price point down and just make it easier to get a consistent wake. I was also referring to the Moomba family within the SC portfolio.
    This has more to do with the hull of the boat. Which is what I am hoping they are coming out with, a Moomba with hull that throws a clean consistent wake at low speeds with or without weight and is not side to side weight sensitive.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default 2015 models...

Wait until you see the boat it's in!

Geez... I'm excited to see the changes... It's just going to make we want a new one I'm sure! Maybe my dealer will trade me straight up lol 😜

2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost